Cheap house on craigslist

Started by youngster, April 08, 2011, 02:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngster

I wish this wasnt on the other side of the country from me cause this doesnt look like a bad deal. http://houston.craigslist.org/for/2310859020.html I hope it helps someone. If i find anything else I think is useful ill try to post it.

Squirl

First it doesn't look like it comes with the land.  It says can be moved for $700 in the advertisement. If it is required to be moved it's not a screaming deal.  I could buy a 10x18 shed a big orange or blue for $3500 and finish the interior for another $3000.  So it could be $6500 of materials without the labor put in.  Not a bad deal, but not great either.

Second it could be a scam.  People put deals that are good, but not free to get people to respond for phishing expeditions.

One other small note, it seems that they have a sheet for a bathroom door.  I always like an actual door in case I have a guest.

davidj

Quote from: Squirl on April 08, 2011, 08:09:23 AM
One other small note, it seems that they have a sheet for a bathroom door.  I always like an actual door in case I have a guest.

That's what we thought too, but we're getting used to the sheet (although a newly-working bathroom fan and the associated generator noise provides a little more privacy).  This setup also provides a good insight into your friends' characters - do they rely on a sheet or put on their snow shoes, hike 300yds and dig out the neighbors outhouse?

At some point the snow might actually melt and hauling in a door will be less of a sled engineering problem.  Given the current weather and snow conditions in N. Calfornia, that'll probably be September!