Uploading pdf files - help!!

Started by blackdog, July 19, 2007, 10:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackdog

Help!!  I'm trying to upload a pdf file (<250 kb) using the attach utility below on the posting composition page and I get the following message when I click "Preview"...

"NOTICE: If you had an attachment in your post, you will need to reselect the attachment again in the browse box for security reasons."

I reselect the pdf file off my hard drive click "Preview" and get the same message.  What am I doing wrong?

I also tried my photo bucket account, but it only uploads image files (duh! - I guess that why it's called PHOTO bucket).  Does anyone know of any other sites that host files other than images?

Thanks!!

glenn-k

I dont think that you can preview it first - I think you need to browse it and post it to upload it.

You can edit and remove your own post if you don't like it.  Click modify to edit.

blackdog

Thanks Glenn, I give that a try.

MountainDon

I believe a link can be posted to a website with a PDF file available. However the actual file can not be uploaded to the forum.

I don't know of any sites that would allow easy public, login and password free, web services that would handle a PDF. I too, would like to find such a place as I have a couple PDF files that could be of interest, but they are only on my hard drive and I've lost track of their original source. Plus sometimes, PDF's on websites disappear.

My only thought of solution is to place them on a website I own, but that could run into bandwidth problems for me. I don't mind offering stuff I have, but don't want to increase my expenses.   :-/