I'll see your "Have you ever had THIS problem.." thread.. and raise you

Started by muldoon, April 24, 2013, 02:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muldoon

I saw this on reddit, had to preserve and share with this group...  the premise being his landlord is building a new shed. 

my landlord is starting to build a new shed

It's being built over a sink hole. That should stop it from sinking, right?

i think this may be a shelving unit later

that's square

please use other door?

this is the only piece like this in the floor, must be special

fit and finish is everything

two nails, five screws?

this must be the keystone, to hold it all together

the shelving is coming along nice

close enough right?  there are alot of these...

no tar paper on this wavy roof

it's a "floating floor"

did he hammer in the screws?

classy trim

GSPDOG

Thanks for Reading
Jim Brown

Rob_O

That was posted here a week or two ago, I forgot about it and this is the first time I've seen the "finished" pics. Looks like he managed to maintain his high quality of workmanship all the way to the end! rofl
"Hey Y'all, watch this..."

Huge29

Quote from: Rob_O on April 24, 2013, 09:09:51 PM
That was posted here a week or two ago, I forgot about it and this is the first time I've seen the "finished" pics. Looks like he managed to maintain his high quality of workmanship all the way to the end! rofl
I was just about to post the same thing, classic!

Abbey

I hope they don't get too much snow there, looks like 5 or 6 inches and that place is crashing in on itself.

OlJarhead

That book really says it all I think.  Meaning that I think it's not actually real.

On the other hand I believe in a persons right to build a crappy shed! lol

Ernest T. Bass

Our family's homestead adventure blog; sharing the goodness and fun!

Woodsrule

Well, I've now seen it all! There are a number of explanations here. Insurance claim for when it fails?, Seminar on how NOT to build?, Training exercise for local FD (burn it down)?, Second grade child exercising his hammer skills? etc..................

Don_P

This is the reason for the small utility building exemption and the ag exemption in my state. No one is sleeping in it, a non habitable structure. For this I'd wear track shoes in there if its snowing. Our codes also state that it has to be tied down well enough to withstand wind loads. The danger with exempt structures for us locally has been when they or their parts go airborn. I actually expected an injury during construction when he stocked the roof, so I'm happy for the guy.

flyingvan

Maybe it was built as termite habitat, a sacrifice to the termite gods to leave the main dwelling alone.  Love the horizontal frame members across the windows----very few builders provide fire blocking there.  The structure also appears to be well ventilated, with a design unencumbered by airtight walls.  THis feature may allow the structure to survive heavy winds
Find what you love and let it kill you.

Abbey

Why did he bother putting a lock on the door? From the looks of his build you can pull the siding right off without too much effort.