20x30 1 1/2 story cost?

Started by bigweights, May 28, 2011, 01:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigweights

Im looking at building the 20x30 1 1/2 story house that is on this web site.  I have land all ready and was wondering how much it would cost to build with a full loft as well as septic, well, foundation, electricity if i did all the work myself?  I live in upstate ny if that helps.  thanks

duncanshannon

There is quite a bit of cost discussion in the threads if you search around.

Are you talking about DIY for the foundation, septic and well too?

I don't really know - my wild guess would be 40-50K

Some more detail might be helpful...

duncan
Home: Minneapolis, MN area.  Land: (no cabin yet) Spooner, WI area.  Plan: 20x34 1 1/2 Story. Experience Level: n00b. 
Build Thread: http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=10784.0

jbos333

Bigweights,

Good question- I would like to know too! But, it does vary widely by region. But I can tell you some of the costs where I am planning to build my place. Cattaraugus County, NY. It will be a 24x40 footprint, so costs should be close.

475' Driveway                     $5700.00
Electric Service                   $3000.00
Foundation 
excavation/drainage/backfill   $5000.00
Poured footer/8' walls           $9000.00
Basement slab floor              $3700.00
Drilled well 50' deep 
(well/casing only)                 $2000.00
Sand mound septic               $5300.00
Permits                               $ 900.00

Total so far                       $34600.00

Now, around here, you can get a basic structure to the "dried-in" stage for around $20/s.f. Labor and material. So if you go this route, you're looking at around $52K or so, minimum with no interior or exterior finishes. Now, I know this isn't DIY, but you aren't going to do EVERYTHING yourself, right? I know if I tried that, I would never get to enjoy it!

bigweights

i would be subing out the basement , excavation and septic.  the house interior and exterior i would do myself. thanks for the info so far!