Google sketch-up drawings wanted...

Started by ajbremer, January 23, 2011, 11:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajbremer

I have the little house plans and want to modify them to the 16x28 place with a loft and it uses 10' wall studs.

I have started to learn to use Google sketchup and it's really pretty nice. I'm following some training videos and learning a lot. I was wondering if anyone here has already re-drawn the little house plans using google sketch and if they can share it with me. Or better yet, a sketch of a 16x28 with 10' wall studs and a loft.

It would be a great start if I could already have a drawing of the 'Little House'. If I find that no one has done it or has it then I will start to draw and plan my own. Google Sketch-Up looks like the way to go!
Click here to see our 20x30 and here to see our 14x24.

UK4X4

I don't have what you want drawn up, but my house model probably has things you can use

studwork etc you can modify for height - copy paste for a whole wall then explode and delete the bits you don't want...

when i started I actually found it easier to draw from scratch as the models I down loaded needed more modification than it took me to draw.

If your new to cad type drawings it will take you a while

I did most of my design work on 5mm graph paper, I can still draw and rub out quicker than I can draw electron timbers

Then when I had what I thought was a workable design I was happy with i started on the model

PM me with your e-mail if you want mine

ntexastom

+1 for Google Sketch up. I used it for my 20x30 1.5 story and it helped a lot.
Patience is the companion of wisdom...