wow, i never knew...

Started by tesa, March 31, 2009, 03:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tesa

with some time to kill inbetween lessons, and housework, i was pokin' around
the homepage, and noticed a link to "eco-cottage" starter home, down towards the bottom, along
with a link to the "bolt together" home, that was interesting too

wow

thats a really cute little home

furthur pokin' around didn't get any hits on info

anyone know about that cute cabin, and how i might get a bit more info?

am i right in noticing both bedrooms are upstairs?

also, could that little cabin be made a bit bigger?

i'm guessing there are no real construction drawings on that either? least they be on the order form?

it time to make a decission, and purchase plans, so i'm looking long, and hard at every plan on this site

tesa
"building a house requires thousands of decisions based on a million bits of information"-charlie wing

MountainDon

Eco-cottage is a PDF document. Were you able to view or download it? I believe that's all there is on it; more or less a concept set of drawings, no detailed construction sheets.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

tesa

it opened up onto some sketches/drawings

at this point, i'm just feeling some pressure to decide on something

now that we've got the RV shed built, the PV system purchased, and are less than
two weeks away from moving onto the property, now daniel wants to start
doing some hard core decission making regarding plans

i don't blame him, but i was actually hoping to spend maby just a few months
"chilin' out", enjoyin' our property, and socking away the rent money we won't
be paying anymore

i don't really think that would be a viable option for us anyway, but i'm always
lookin' and thinkin'

we don't rule anything out

i guess we're still thinking the 1 1/2 story will meet our needs best, i keep going back to that,
keep referring back to that plan, but its  a decission that needs to be made with alot of thought,
and i don't want it to be the wrong decission

i guess i'm feelin' some pressure, pressure to make the right decission, pressure to make said
decission soon, and pressure that it will be a home the girls will enjoy and love

tesa
"building a house requires thousands of decisions based on a million bits of information"-charlie wing

glenn kangiser

The 1 1/2 is very versatile.  As much room as a two story for living - almost.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

John Raabe

The Eco Cottage was a design I worked up in 1982 as a concept expandable cottage when I was teaching an owner-builder-designer course called the Shelter Class.

http://www.countryplans.com/Downloads/ecocottage.PDF

Working drawings were never developed.
None of us are as smart as all of us.

tesa

still a really interesting idea/design, but it most likley wouldn't meet our needs anyway, i was
just surprised to find something i hadn't seen before, i've spent hours, and hours haunting
this site

tesa

glenn kangiser

You are one of our favorite little ghosts, tesa.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

tesa