Ten Rules of Roof Design

Started by hpinson, December 30, 2013, 12:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hpinson

rick91351

Thanks that really hit home....... great article...

The house we set out build was around 2400 sq ft.  The one we are building 2200.  Main reason to change 'boring roof line syndrome'.  The first one had a protrusion off the master bedroom.  It had two valleys.  It only purpose was a private deck so Ellen and I could go out there in the mornings or evenings drink a couple cups of coffee, read Drudge, ignore 'friends' that are being gross and asses on FB  and wonder why the kids and grandkids have not called.  Hope they are okay.

Those valley I knew were going to trap pine needles, aspen leaves and other crud even though they were a ways away.  Hey it just happens.  But I drew them anyway.  Then it started to bother me.  I was going to have to or have some one else climb up there and clean those valleys out a couple times a year.   

So we opted out for a boring roof line.  No skylights, sun tubes or stuff poking up all over.  We have a vented ridge cap.  We have two vent pipes and one chimney with a cricket eliminator.  The old thing when I was messing with sound and I actually had hearing and not this constant ring in my ears.  All the work shops and schools...KISS keep it simple stupid came out.  The simplest the better.   
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.