Woo hoo got the metal!

Started by ced257, June 20, 2010, 07:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ced257

I paid for my sheet metal friday! I got a whopper of a deal on it! 1.00 per running foot! 20 foot sheet cost me 20 bucks! I bought 24 sheets, of painted R panel, at 20 foot long for 525.00 tax and all!  ;D
If anyone is interested, I got it at a place called Metal Mart. I got mine from a distributor in northwest arkansas.They deal in seconds and non pick-up orders. They also order new stuff. The stuff I got was a 1 year old order that never got picked up, still in the wrap with a cover sheet!
  Maybe just maybe it's all starting to come together! I have been gathering material for the last 3 or 4 years. This is a big step for me!  ;D  ;D

glenn kangiser

That is a good price.  If it is a 3 foot wide  sheet, it is now around $3.50 a running foot here.  Good deal.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

rdzone

Excellent deal

sounds like what I did.  I bought 38- 24' long panels for $900.  The to were from an order that wasn't picked up.  I had to cut them to size and take all of them to get the deal, but it was well worth it. 
Chuck

Sherry

Congrats and please forgive my ignorance, maybe I jumped into the middle of a topic started elsewhere, BUT, what will the metal be used for?

Sherry
Sherry

DirtyLittleSecret

Probably roofing, but at that price...skirting, siding, and anything else one could think of!
Thumb, meet hammer...hammer, meet thumb...

ced257

Yes the metal is for my roof. I'm plum tickled about it. All I got left are rafters, few more joists, interior studs, some concrete and tar paper. I'm trying not to get too excited about it, but it's hard not to.  ;D