I've talked about history

Started by peternap, March 30, 2010, 01:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

Repeating itself for a couple of years. It's time for my annual Kent State write up and I'm going to skip it this year.
Apparently, I'm not the only that sees it. This came over my news feeds today:

Who made the following statement?

"They're worse than the brown shirts and the communist element and also the night riders and the vigilantes. They're the worst type of people that we harbor in America. I think that we're up against the strongest, well-trained, militant, revolutionary group that has ever assembled in America."

Did you guess Nancy Pelosi?

If so, you are wrong. Although this comment is strikingly similar to numerous comments Pelosi has made about the Tea Party protesters.

This quote is from 40 years ago on May 3, 1970 by then Ohio Governor Rhodes.

We all know what happened the next day. On May 4, 1970 at 12:24 PM, the National Guard opened fire on the protesters killing Allison Krause, 19 years old; Sandra Lee Scheuer, 20; Jeffrey Glenn Miller, 20, and William K. Schroeder, 19.

Those chilling accusations by Governor Rhodes have been echoed by not only Nancy Pelosi, but a number of other Democrats hell bent on inflicting damage to those protesting government policy by accusing them of associations with groups that have no connection whatsoever. The ultimate goal is to portray the protesters as undesirable elements and un-American.

These statements were not true in 1970 and they are not true today. But they well may prove to be a prelude to an equally tragic outcome.

False charges of racism, radicalism and intent to harm Americans is a proven recipe to incite lethal responses from security forces who believe the political rhetoric.

It is ironic that if Nancy Pelosi attended school at Kent State, she could have been among the protesters at Kent State that fateful day protesting the very type of Government behavior she now exhibits on a daily basis.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!