Subfloor staggerd joint forgetfulness...

Started by ajbremer, November 05, 2011, 07:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajbremer

I've got my Advantech flooring and started to glue it and screw it. After I got the first row done I started the second row and laid it just like the first row, but with no staggerd joint. Should I just continue on but stagger the remaining rows like all the books say?

I read how to do the sub-floor many times and I knew about staggering the joints, I just was getting into it and forgot about it.
Click here to see our 20x30 and here to see our 14x24.

Alan Gage

Quote from: ajbremer on November 05, 2011, 07:28:56 PM
I've got my Advantech flooring and started to glue it and screw it. After I got the first row done I started the second row and laid it just like the first row, but with no staggerd joint. Should I just continue on but stagger the remaining rows like all the books say?

I read how to do the sub-floor many times and I knew about staggering the joints, I just was getting into it and forgot about it.

I did the same thing when I started sheathing my roof, forgot to stagger the joints on the second course. I left it as is and staggered from there on out. I wouldn't worry much about it but I'm no pro. Maybe someone with some actual experience will say different.

Alan

ajbremer

Click here to see our 20x30 and here to see our 14x24.