20' wide 1-1/2 story in Coos Bay, OR

Started by John Raabe, February 04, 2009, 10:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Raabe

Dusty sent me these photos of their project in Oregon. I am posting them here and will send them a link for further comments.

Shed dormer with shed porch on the front.

Shed dormer with sealed balcony/porch on the back.

None of us are as smart as all of us.

glenn kangiser

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

John_M

Has a nice "Wow" factor when you first see it!!!  We definitely need more pictures of that badboy.
...life is short...enjoy the ride!!

Micah

cdcountry05

Hey, Dusty Here - We love our little "cabin" in the woods - We are planning another project for the top portion of our property and we were thinking of doing a 1 bedroom w/kitchenette above a garage but we are still "tuckered-out" from this last go around.  Our family helped out alot.  Both my brothers were involved and even mom and the kids were involved.  There was about a year and a half preparation into the land before we could start building.  We had an old trailor and out buildings infested with HUGE SPIDERS!!!{  We also had to tear up the old septic and put in a new one plus we did all the underground electric-phone-cable ourselves -  The only thing we did hire out was the drywall and I have to say that I was so happy to see a whole crew of people banging out a job in just a few days.  Will write more later.
:)

rwanders

Gorgeous! Like a little jewel box in the woods.
Rwanders lived in Southcentral Alaska since 1967
Now lives in St Augustine, Florida

considerations

Boatz

Terry

Very nice cabin. Would love to see some inside pics.  [cool]
Terry

Born Free - Taxed To Death

Sassy

http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

John Raabe

Pritch

"The problem with quotes from the internet is that they're not always accurate." -- Abraham Lincoln

fishing_guy

Worked just fine for me at home! 

Beautiful interior to match the exterior.
A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work any day, but building something with your own hands beats anything.

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

smcdaniel345

Anybody know what they used for the siding?

cbc58

maybe stained pine lap boards and shakes for siding?

any chance we can see a floorplan/design.... and know how long it is?

very nice and classic looking.

rockdr1969

Hi Guys!

I am new to the forum and to the web site, but I like what I see so far.  I have recently purchased 10 secluded acres in Berea, Kentucky.  I have researched the site for a few days and this is the version of the 20' wide cabin that I want to build.  How can I get plans for this layout (with the two large dormers upstairs)?  I also would like to add a wrap around porch.  Again, awesome cabin!  Thanks for your help.

Scott

John Raabe

Here's another comment from Dusty:

Sorry, I personally altered the roof to the design with the shed dormers - I did research at the library on different roof options and the just modified the roof plan - We had to get an engineers approval before the county would stamp our building permit - You would be amazed at all the different roof designs - check out the internet or you local library on "roof trusses" that might be a good start - thank you for your comment and good luck