paint stuff you'll never see???

Started by dug, November 19, 2009, 07:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dug

Man, you guys are going to be sorry I ever started building. If any of my questions are too ridiculous just ignore them and I'll probably get the hint.

I live near a small dump where I can get all the free paint I want. Lots of it high quality and unopened. Would there be any advantage whatsoever (as far as protecting the wood) to paint the main beams that I am now building. Could be a good saturday job for my boys when they complain that they are bored! 

firefox

Do a search for the "forever floor" They have a neat idea for floor covering that involves different color paints. Did I say cheap?

Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

MountainDon

It would help keep them from absorbing whatever water might splash up on them when it rains.

It would definitely keep the boys out of trouble for a while.

:D :D
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Don_P

Don't ask at me, we just put 5 gals of porch paint on Advantek. Kinda glad, the remnants of the hurricane and then another inch have already hit it. Set trusses tomorrow and then sleet Sunday by all accounts. Probably would have been fine but it sure is cheap insurance.