A small deck that is fairly fireproof.

Started by Dave Sparks, February 26, 2019, 04:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

Looking good.  Wow, love the the green. We were within 2 to 3 hours of you for a while in July. But we never made it any closer. We enjoyed the visit in the Monterry Bay area though.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Dave Sparks

See you next time! Did my link work ok Don?

Here is how the fire resistant water tight under the deck roof came out. It certainly was inexpensive. The old plywood undercover was full of cat hair and leaves that had collected since the last wildfire. Quite a bit safer now as it all can be sprayed out. The winter rain also now clears it. The cats are dryer and the fire pump below does not get rain spray.

"we go where the power lines don't"

MountainDon

Everybody is now happier and/or better off.   :)  When I click on the links I get taken to google photos and see the image in a new tab.  There is a way to make that image appear in the forum post but I now forget how.  ??? 
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

DaveOrr

Quote from: MountainDon on November 07, 2019, 04:59:33 PM
Everybody is now happier and/or better off.   :)  When I click on the links I get taken to google photos and see the image in a new tab.  There is a way to make that image appear in the forum post but I now forget how.  ???
8)

Dave's Arctic Cabin: www.anglersparadise.ca

Dave Sparks

Thanks Dave! Don also! What did you do Dave or would you have to kill me :)

DaveOrr

Quote from: Dave Sparks on November 08, 2019, 10:41:57 AM
Thanks Dave! Don also! What did you do Dave or would you have to kill me :)

Went to your image using the link and right clicked on it and chose "Copy Image Address".
Then clicked on the insert image tab (third from the left bottom row under the underline tab in post reply) and pasted the copied address in between the IMG code that pops up when you click on the insert image tab.

Got it?
   :)

MountainDon

Dave Sparks

Thank-you!  Are you living in your place this winter Dave?  The shot below is loading the woodshed. Still no rain out here and 70F and 50F with 1/3 of November done.

DaveOrr

Quote from: Dave Sparks on November 10, 2019, 05:02:35 PM
Thank-you!  Are you living in your place this winter Dave? 

Not yet. Still need to finish the insulation.
Have the walls almost complete and the vaulted ceiling about 25% done.
Then need to do the flat ceiling with blown in insulation and can't do that until wiring is done for the pot lights.
Also need to finish my vent and sprinkler plumbing. I'm plumbing for two roof mounted agricultural sprinklers in case of wild fire.
Got a 7,000 gallon per hour fire pump that will be housed down by the lake with 2" piping running up to the cabin and to the sprinkler system and to fill the potable water tank for the cabin.
Should be spending time out there next winter.   ;D
I plan to retire out there in 2027.
Life is better at the cabin. ;)

Dave Sparks

Cool ! Thanks for the update. Being retired is highly underrated  c*

DaveOrr

Quote from: Dave Sparks on November 14, 2019, 11:48:03 AM
Cool ! Thanks for the update. Being retired is highly underrated  c*

I just hope I don't croak before it gets here.   ::)