24-hour curfew in AR

Started by Homegrown Tomatoes, August 13, 2008, 10:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benevolance

Yeah I remember being a kid we would have bruises and cuts from running through the woods like little savages...and we would get asked by teachers all kinds of ridiculous questions..

I would go home tell my parents and my dad would go down to have a talk with the teacher...It happened a couple of times. My brother and I fought a lot and he would have a black eye or I would have a bruise from where he whacked me with a stick (he was a year younger thus he was sneaky and would use a broom handle or whatever he could get his hands on... Heck we were just kids...

And on the wife beating...Yeah I like your approach better stink... I should have put the question this way:

Do you beat your wife...If not, why Not? d*

Okay enough joking someone might think I am serious...I am at the house today waiting for  half a dozen windows to be delivered...I did the dishes washed the bed linens scrubbed the fridge and 3 bathrooms and I will vacuum before the wife gets home at 7... and supper is in the oven...*LOL*

benevolance

And the catch and release is absolutely one of the biggest problems concerning crime. That and the DEA is as crooked as the Federal Reserve..Abolishing the DEA would go a long way toward getting drugs off the street.

NM_Shooter

You folks are cracking me up. 

I live in a small village, and within the last month our cops (who have always had a bad reputation about speed traps) have gone from being annoying to downright predatory. 

I'd almost like to challenge one of their traps.  It is the only 4 way stop in my village.  The cops sit back from the stop on one leg of the road, parked half on / half off the roadway.  They sit there and wait for someone to not make a complete stop, and then they nab them.  They even sit there at night, in the dark.  I seem to recall that it is illegal to remain in a parked car on a roadway after sunset without parking lights on... but I can't find it on the web.   

9 years ago, my house was burglarized.  I would much prefer to have them cruising around my neighborhood, and stopping and visiting with people instead of staying parked at a trap.

That does not generate much revenue though.

"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

benevolance

you are spot on about the revenue generation.

They say publically they are out there for "public Safety" When they could care less about public safety.. It is all about generating their revenues.

Once upon a time when you had a light out the cop showed you were the auto part store was and you shook his hand... Now you get a ticket and he walks away.. you get to find the auto part store for yourself...

They have roadblocks here on friday nights a lot! Looking for DUI's and seatbelts stuff like that... easy money for them....Just off the interstate where there are 2 busy 2 lane roads intersecting... a good bet there will be a roadblock there.

NM_Shooter

There were fun and games down in Houston about 12 years ago. 

The cops set up on Hwy 59 to the SW of town, a big sign that said:  Mandatory Drug Inspection stop at exit 122 (or whatever exit it was). 

Here's the gig.... This was placed right by an underpass U-Turn for hwy59 that only allowed you to exit the highway, pass underneath, and get back on the road going north.  So if you were transporting, you would see that sign, and then immediately get off on exit 121 and uturn, right?  Except that the cops were not up ahead by exit 122.  They were under the underpass waiting and stopping anyone who exited to turn around.   rofl

I seem to recall that every one of those arrests and violations were thrown out of court.

"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

benevolance

pretty creative though you gotta admit

apaknad

being a retired corrections officer i couldn't agree more. too much law enforcement on dubious stupid laws and not enough on serious crimes.
unless we recognize who's really in charge, things aren't going to get better.

benevolance

yeah it makes you want to scream to think that a cop was writing a jay walking ticket at the exact same time somewhere else in the district someone was raped murdered or robbed...

Those criminals do not pay fines they just go to prison...

Homegrown Tomatoes

Quote from: desimulacra on August 14, 2008, 03:15:51 PM
Hey what do you think of this? My wife went to the local doctor and had to fill out the standard form about medical details THEN the nurse started asking questions Do you feel safe in your home? Do you have guns in your home? Bless my wife she stopped and questioned why are you asking me these questions?
The nurse said that they were looking for abused spouses or dangerous houses. The nurse said that people were afraid to ask for help and this let them find out indirectly.
The Wife refused anymore questions and the doctor visit went normally.
So this can of worms brings many questions to mind  but two of them and foremost is what do they do with this information? Report to police? And who determined that a gun in the home was dangerous what about knifes or automobiles or drugs or sticks of wood or stupid or white or jews........ (no they did not ask about drugs).
A year ago June I broke my right hand walking through the house and slipping on some water the kids had spilled.  I tried to catch the doorframe to keep from face-planting, but my hand didn't bend when it hit the wall, for some reason.  Anyway, I broke it at 3 PM and we were planning company for dinner.  I already had dinner started.  I called my husband at work and told him I'd just broken my hand, and he asked if I wanted to cancel the dinner, and I told him no because it was already in the works, and besides, I knew that when we got to the ER we'd probably have to sit there forever before finally getting in, and I'd rather not sit there on an empty stomach.  So, I sat there with my hand on the half-frozen chicken until it was completely cold-numb, and then I went on and prepped the rest of the dinner. Well, by the time we got dinner done and the dishes loaded in the dishwasher, etc., it was something like 7:30.  So, we go to the nearly-empty ER and still wait for an hour or more before they finally get me in.  Every doc and nurse or radiologist I saw wanted to know how I'd done it, and if my husband beats me, and if I feel safe, etc.  I felt like I was being cross-examined... and it didn't help that one of my daughters had a big bruise on her forehead, and the other one was covered in huge mosquito bites, which look awful because she is allergic to them.  The doctor on duty cast a sideways glance at my husband who was about to fall asleep in his chair with our younger daughter; he leaned in and said, "Well, I just don't see how you could get more than one break just walkng and slipping."  By this time I was getting pretty tired and a little crabby and I said, "Look.  When I'm walking I'm not tiptoeing through the tulips; I have a purpose and I've got things to do.  At the time, I was trying to get stuff ready for the dinner so that when our company arrived I could sit and visit rather than storming around the kitchen.  Do you honestly think he could beat me?  Look at him!  If nothing else, I could throw his skinny little butt out the front door!"  He still didn't look like he believed my husband was innocent as far as the broken hand... he asked me why if I'd broken it at 3 and knew it was broken, why didn't I come in until 7:30-8:00?  I told him the real reason... I know how slow waiting in an ER can be, and I didn't want to sit there all night hungry, and because what I was cooking was a heck of a lot better than what you could get out of a hospital vending machine.  He then tried to insinuate that DH wouldn't take me to the hospital until he'd been served his dinner and brought his slippers, etc.  The next day when I went to see the orthopedist, he asked kindly, "So, how did you manage to do that?"  I must have sounded impatient when I gave him the condensed version, because he laughed out loud and asked, "They wanted to know at the ER if your husband beat you, huh?" 

Sassy

I can't help but laugh, HG!  You always tell a good story  rofl  sorry...  I've rarely had to ask any questions like that - we see mostly men, but I do see a lot of elderly people who have been neglected, which is sad.  A lot of times they want to just dump off a family member & leave them, but there's laws to keep family from abandoning them - which is good for us or we'd be overflowing even more than we already are.  And then we see the men who've been in fights... 

With our veterans we have to ask if they've experienced any "sexual trauma" while in the military.  The stories are coming out in the news right now on the high percentage of "military sexual trauma" that veterans (mostly female) have experienced.  Don't know if it is the military or the type of woman that joins or what, but the women seem a lot more psychologically messed up on the whole after getting out of the service.  Very needy, many suicidal - just really messed up.
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

desimulacra

Well to tell the truth I beat my wife regularly and she complains loudly sometimes scaring my relatives and friends. It can get to be a hassle but I think that if you can you should do so to keep them in line. Besides I can't just sit there and take it when she starts laughing and mouthing at me.

Its' usually when I beat her at rook she gets the maddest. But any card game gets her fired up!  d* On the other hand I have five fingers.
West Tennessee

benevolance

Beat her on Monday so she is healed up for the week-end when company comes over ;)

desimulacra

Course you know I'm kidding about beating her??? If I beat her too often she would burn the cards, burn my food and scorch my ears! :(
West Tennessee

benevolance

My wife does not do a lot of cooking so burned supper is no threat for me. beating smacked in the head with frying pan while asleep probably is something I would be prone to though d*