Main Menu

Recent posts

Owner-Builder Projects / Re: Okanogan 14x24 by a lurker...
Last post by OlJarhead - August 10, 2022, 07:19:40 AM
It's been a while!  I am heading back to the cabin this weekend -- after more than two months away!!!  Yikes!  It's been a crazy year with both mom's injuring themselves (mine broke her pelvis in a couple places and her arm though the pelvis break wasn't as bad as it sounds it did put her in a rehab place for several weeks -- my wifes mom broke her wrist)...They are doing well now though still sporting casts and needing assistance etc so we're less able to freely travel as much as usual and then I've been milling on the road some as well (I retired in April so I could go milling -- ok, I quit and call it retiring lol)...

Here's a vid from one of my adventures!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP7gE_Q9uI4

I also started a DNR thinning plan for 6.3 acres and will hopefully begin some of that this weekend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3Bu3mMCx80

I'll be testing out a new Echo battery powered saw this weekend too!
More to follow
Hope all is well.
Referral Links / Re: Wall Plugin for SketchUp
Last post by Medeek - August 09, 2022, 02:51:35 AM
Version 2.9.7 - 08.09.2022
- Enabled the following CUSTOM casings for rectangular windows: CUSTOM, CUSTOM D, CUSTOM F, CUSTOM G.
- Added a thumbnail preview into the edit and draw window menus showing the custom casing profiles.
- Added a thumbnail preview into the Window tab of the Global Settings and added the custom profile parameter.
- Added a STYLE G casing option for rectangular windows.
- Fixed a compatibility bug with CUSTOM door casings.

Land: Buy, Sell, Find / Re: Offgrid home in the Sierra...
Last post by MountainDon - August 08, 2022, 07:48:41 PM
Yes, I was watching that fire.

Here in NM, we have been dealing with the aftereffects of monsoon rains on burned areas. We are seeing firsthand what only a half inch of rain in a short time does as it flows through, or over, badly burned slopes. I've seen enough photos from past wildfires in the county, but it is something else to actually walk and drive the areas. Our property is on a ridge top, so water runs away from us. However, that means the water runs down or across our road and the forest roads we use to get to and from the highway.
Last post by Medeek - August 07, 2022, 03:20:30 PM
Version 2.9.6 - 08.07.2022
- Added STYLE G and CUSTOM G casing options for rectangular doors.

I had to add in these two styles since they are used in our own home.  I think I have finally beaten this horse to death but if there are any other styles you feel should be added please feel free to contact me or post them here.

The profile for the upper molding is found in the "system" sub-folder of the "library" folder.  It can be edited and customized by the user.  The file name is: CM_HEADER.skp
Land: Buy, Sell, Find / Re: Offgrid home in the Sierra...
Last post by Dave Sparks - August 06, 2022, 06:10:11 PM
Thanks ! Two weeks after escrow closed the OAK fire started 2 miles from our old house. It has been burning since July 22 and 127 homes are burned to white ash. We are very blessed to not have to live through another wildfire. The old house is OK but you can imagine how they feel. At one point there were over 500 homes without power in 100 degree heat and smoke. Link below of pictures.

https://www.google.com/search?q=oak+fire+mariposa+county+%2B+pictures&sxsrf=ALiCzsaQzQRjUTplVCyuv0Xit1SubFkuNQ:1659827149389&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiQ2IL9qbP5AhXeEEQIHTkXBXYQ_AUoBHoECAEQBg&biw=1600&bih=757&dpr=1

Last post by Medeek - August 06, 2022, 03:37:58 AM
Version 2.9.5 - 08.06.2022
- Enabled CUSTOM door casings for arched doors.
- Added CUSTOM D and CUSTOM F door casing options for rectangular doors.

Owner-Builder Projects / Re: 40'x13' with 15'x16' exten...
Last post by Adam Roby - August 05, 2022, 10:57:11 AM
Quote from: jsahara24 on July 29, 2022, 08:31:01 AMI am in Oswego County, NY and there is a local amish metal roofing place that sells metal roofing pretty cheap, its been about 8 years since I bought from them but at that point it was about 2.2$/LF for 3' wide metal.  I think you're a couple hours from there, but potentially worth it depending.  Just thought i'd mention it. 

Good luck...

Thanks for the recommendation, much appreciated.
Last post by Medeek - August 05, 2022, 02:54:14 AM
Version 2.9.4 - 08.05.2022
- Enabled CUSTOM door casings for rectangular doors.
- Added a thumbnail preview into the edit and draw door menus showing the custom casing profiles.
- Added a thumbnail preview into the Door tab of the Global Settings and added the custom profile parameter.

Additional profiles can be added into the "casings" sub-folder of the "library" folder within the plugin folder.  Placement of the profile is important, so best practice is to open one of the two examples within this sub-folder and duplicate its positioning and grouping.

I will still need to enable this feature for arched doors and all window types, so much more work is yet to be done in this regard.  It seems there is never a lack of work when it comes to this plugin.
Last post by Medeek - August 04, 2022, 11:40:03 PM
First look at custom casings:

Notice that when CUSTOM casing is specified for the Casing Style, the edit or draw menu will provide a preview of the profile as shown.

Now I need to work on enabling this for arched doors and also updating the global settings with this new option.
Referral Links / Re: Foundation Plugin for Sket...
Last post by Medeek - July 31, 2022, 07:42:57 PM
Version 1.8.8 - 07.31.2022
- Added a "Regen" context menu item for column footings and stemwall step assemblies.
- Added the ability to customize the texture/material for stemwall foundations.
- Added a "Stemwall Texture" parameter into the Materials tab of the global settings.

The "4x8 form" texture option was per customer request.