Guide To Fuse Replacement

Started by MountainDon, November 07, 2014, 08:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

rick91351

Maybe you should also include a disclaimer.  No never mind..... :D
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

MushCreek

When I was 16, I had an old VW that was rough on fuses. In order to get home one day, I used the only thing I had handy, a 1/4" diameter outboard motor shear pin. I learned two things that day- burning wires make a LOT of smoke, and a solid fuse will be VERY hot when you try to remove it in a panic.
Jay

I'm not poor- I'm financially underpowered.

Don_P

reminiscent of 2 nails with a turn of solder between... No never mind  :D

rick91351

Quote from: MushCreek on November 08, 2014, 06:56:17 AM
When I was 16, I had an old VW that was rough on fuses. In order to get home one day, I used the only thing I had handy, a 1/4" diameter outboard motor shear pin. I learned two things that day- burning wires make a LOT of smoke, and a solid fuse will be VERY hot when you try to remove it in a panic.

Sort of reminiscent of a 22 cal. short and a few too many beers.......  Was not me.
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.