Internet Explorer 9 problems . . .

Started by bayview, April 06, 2011, 09:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayview

I had an automatic windows update today . . .    Internet Explorer 9 for Vista Home Premium 32 bit edition.

What a piece of ____!   Nothing but problems . . .    I was unable to open new windows and most pictures were unable to load.   

I tried to un-install through the Programs and Features.    Was not listed as a program.   Finally did a system restore.   Half hour later IE9 gone and IE8 back.   Everything up and running normally . . .

/.
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

MountainDon

Well, something must have messed up. On Win 7 I have a running IE9 that works. I don't know why I bothered I use Chrome 10. But then I have Firefox 4 as well. 
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

I only use IE for emergencies, but usually do it from an IE tab in Firefox.

I currently have 33 tabs open in Firefox.  Oh, yeah... It gets a little crashy sometimes but last time I tried that in IE it locked up... so I guess I will just keep using Firefox and whining about it..... [waiting]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

bayview

Now, it's trying to "update" by downloading IE9 each time I turn on my computer . . .  d*

/.
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .