My 20x30 cabin with loft in quebec

Started by Bobby.B, December 08, 2007, 10:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColchesterCabin

Man, That's some nice cabin. It was great to see the interior simple but nice. You did it the way I plan on doing mine which is drywall  and t&g ceilings. Very well done, kudos!  [cool]
Visit my thread would love to have your input http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=12139.0
Feel free to visit my Photobuckect album of all pictures related to this build http://s1156.photobucket.com/albums/p566/ColchesterCabin/

Bobby.B

Thanks for your comments  the drywall and  t&g ceiling go well together I am glad i went that way

itorlamop

Hi, great work! I'm from Quebec too and planning to build something soon in the low-Laurentians. About the piers foundation you'd used:
how deep did you dug them?
did you need some "municipal approval" before setting them?
I heard that some town are a bit strict about foundation, only accepting the full-basement...     

Bobby.B

The piers are four feet deep.
I did get a building permit, no one ever came to inspect it not that I am aware of anyways. My taxes did jump from $200.00 to $1200.00   

mwhutch

Your build looks really great! How did the drywall go? We are planning to do ours too. Also where did you get those cabinets, were they pretty reasonable? I really love the look of craftsman style cabinets, but I can't find any within our budget.

Thanks,
Marcy

Bobby.B

We installed the drywall and then hired a person to do the taping a plaster. The cabinets and counter top come from IKEA the cost I think was around $2000.00 I used the IKEA kitchen planner program to plan and price out my kitchen, it worked very well.     

rick91351

Quote from: Bobby.B on July 29, 2013, 07:17:54 AM
We installed the drywall and then hired a person to do the taping a plaster. The cabinets and counter top come from IKEA the cost I think was around $2000.00 I used the IKEA kitchen planner program to plan and price out my kitchen, it worked very well.   

I thought that was where I had seen that design.   [cool]  All and all what do you think of Ikea's knock down cabinets?  I have seen them in their stores but have not talked any one that has tried them.  We had our eye on them when start our house - then I thought I would build them.  Then it is getting  so late in to the year.  But then what is there to do on cold winter nights other than make raised front panels and cut out drawer pieces parts.   ???
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Bobby.B

I really like them ,good quality and they were very easy to install.