Folding Stairs

Started by Redoverfarm, July 27, 2018, 08:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redoverfarm

I ran across this the other day and I thought I would share it.  It looks like it would be ideal for stairs in small tight spaces when conventional stairs will not work. 

Zev Bianchi is an industrial designer in Australia. He designs compact furniture pieces for small spaces. He came up with the idea when he lived in a small apartment in New York. He makes stairs, chairs, dining tables, and more that can be folded flat and put away when not in use.

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/asia/other/an-industrial-designer-from-australia-makes-foldable-stairs-that-are-perfect-for-small-apartments/vp-BBL3A03

ChugiakTinkerer

Those are cool, thanks for sharing.
My cabin build thread: Alaskan remote 16x28 1.5 story

MountainDon

We have a single story house but I want one of the stairways just because I love the way they fold open and closed.  The chair that lays flat against the wall could be handy also.   :)

Thanks very much John.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Pritch

I hardly ever make it by here anymore but when I saw those stairs I instantly wanted to share them here.  Redoverfarm beat me to it!
"The problem with quotes from the internet is that they're not always accurate." -- Abraham Lincoln