3D Home Architect Ver. 3

Started by 2moms2ca, February 05, 2007, 07:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2moms2ca

I wasn't sure which forum in which to post this, so feel free to relocate!

I'm wondering if anyone has found anyplace to buy the 3D Home Architect Ver. 3 software - that is BUY it as opposed to bid on it.

Thanks!

glenn-k

Looks like it's getting harder to find and more expensive.

Try this one.

http://www.computer-games-station.com/video-games/9145.htm

Near as I can tell the Jc is just for Jewel Case.  Some came in boxes and envelopes.

youngins

The one I got off of amazon a month ago was $4.99 with $6.00 shipping.

I guess it just timing....

glenn-k

Erin

Since it was a Windows-only program, I couldn't use it anyway.  But out of curiosity, how does it compare to Google SketchUp?

2moms2ca

Re: Sketchup - I don't know. I've got that, but, as I understand it, to use the downloads on the planhelp site, you've got to have 3D HA Ver. 3. If that's wrong, hopefully someone will enlighten me!

BTW, I would love to be able to do it at home on my Mac, but, alas... ;-)

jraabe

3DHA runs fine on a MAC using a Window emulator. I ran it on my son's Apple laptop. I think he was using Virtual PC but here is a less expensive program.

At some point in the future we are probable going to have to find a new program to use for this. Google SketchUp has the right price (free) but is not easy to learn for the plan modifications and scale printing we need.

I'm going to try reinstalling the "Better Homes and Gardens Home Designer Suite 6". I tried it once and found it to be crippled (many of these moderate cost programs are). Maybe there is a way to get it to do the scale printing of plans, elevations and cross sections that we need.

Send me an email if you are working with this program or have found anything that does good scale printing.

John

john@countryplans.com

n74tg

Check your local library.  My library has it for check out; even comes with the manual.  Apparently, they have no problem with multiple people installing it on their machines.  As I remember, you didn't have to have the CD for program startup after you install it for that version.

2moms2ca