Taking the tractor to the farm today

Started by Windpower, August 19, 2009, 06:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windpower

Going to pick up the little green tractor today.

My neighbor is providing the transport, an enclosed 28 foot trailer puller by his Dodge Cummins Diesel pick up.

here is one of the previous vehicles transported to the Las Vegas car show in Dave's trailer  (that's Dave in the back)

Dave says Jeff Schwartz describes this car's performance as 'Stupid fast'

over 800 Hp to the ground and 2400 pounds 

I have seen this car driving around on the street here 0 to 200 in 19 seconds not bad. gets 28 mpg too (reprogrammed a bit)

Check this website out -- Schwartz is just 10 miles from here. I have seen a number of his cars on the street. 

http://www.schwartzperformance.com/projects.aspx?projectid=18

Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

Windpower

Made it back

tired

352 miles round trip

here is the new deere at its new home

great day !

I told the previous owner that the tractor was easily the slowest vehicle to be transported in the trailer -- he laughed

the only casualty was my Serengeti sunglasses went walk about   *damn*

Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

upa

NM_Shooter

Man that looks new.  No mud on the tires!  Looks like leaves are falling already.
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

waggin

Quote from: Windpower on August 19, 2009, 06:48:09 AM
Going to pick up the little green tractor today.

My neighbor is providing the transport, an enclosed 28 foot trailer puller by his Dodge Cummins Diesel pick up.

here is one of the previous vehicles transported to the Las Vegas car show in Dave's trailer  (that's Dave in the back)

Dave says Jeff Schwartz describes this car's performance as 'Stupid fast'

over 800 Hp to the ground and 2400 pounds 

I have seen this car driving around on the street here 0 to 200 in 19 seconds not bad. gets 28 mpg too (reprogrammed a bit)

Check this website out -- Schwartz is just 10 miles from here. I have seen a number of his cars on the street. 

http://www.schwartzperformance.com/projects.aspx?projectid=18

IIRC, Jeff Schwartz used to build somewhat less exotic, but really wild stuff.  Didn't he build a Cadillac Coupe DeVille Autocrosser and a stock appearing Mazda RX7 w/small block Chevy?  If you look at some of his other past projects on his site, check out the 65 Pontiac "Temptress" and the 71 Cutlass SX.  Maybe if I won the Powerball lottery I MIGHT be able to afford to have him build my 65 Pontiac.  [shocked]

Congrats on bringing the new baby (I mean tractor) home!
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. (Red Green)