OKLAHOMA 20X30 SINGLE STORY

Started by astidham, May 07, 2010, 08:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dug

In the house I used to live in I installed two cisterns at opposite corners to collect rain water. I used 4 ft. diameter steel culvert (purchased from a highway supply store) that we sunk about 6 inches deep into a concrete pad. I put the water outlet and overflow pipes under and up through the middle of the footing before we poured.

Easy and relatively cheap.

archimedes

They ran an electrical wire 1/4 mile for free!  Wow,  that's a great deal.
Give me a place to stand and a lever long enough,  and I will move the world.

astidham

Thanks dug..
here are some power pole pics.

"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice"
— Henry Ford

astidham

After tweaking the plans a little bit, this is how we are going to lay out the cabin, not seen is the upstairs loft bedroom.
— Henry Ford

dug

Looks like a nice open layout but I am not understanding the stairs. Only 8 risers and it looks like it will be landing where there is no head room.  ???

Am I missing something?

astidham

The stairs in the layout was the only one to choose from that looked like a ladder style stair.
the stairs will be a wider version of a library ladder with hand rails, it will be less steep, with more stair treads than the picture shows.
I'm not to sure how far from the south wall we will place the stairs, but my layout shows about 3' as a reference.
Thanks for the observation dug, I didn't take headroom into consideration.   back to the drawing board :D
— Henry Ford

astidham

here is an updated version with a closet....
— Henry Ford

Sassy

Looks nice, but I'd put the toilet where the sink is & sink where you have the toilet...  unless  ::)  as Glenn said, you want to sit there & watch people while they're eating  c*
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

astidham

have been working on the soffits, trying to get ready for siding.

— Henry Ford

astidham

I finished the soffit today, the weather held up long enough to get all the plywood up. the plywood will be a nailer for cedar.
I think i might buy cedar pickets to cover it with, since they don't cost so much.

— Henry Ford

mogie01

duncanshannon

Home: Minneapolis, MN area.  Land: (no cabin yet) Spooner, WI area.  Plan: 20x34 1 1/2 Story. Experience Level: n00b. 
Build Thread: http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=10784.0

nathan.principe

coming right along! I bet your getting excited to start on the inside!

astidham

today I removed a 30-50 window and replaced it with a 30-30 window bumped out 1'.
this window will be over the sink. My wife wanted a garden window so bumping out will leave a approximately 18"shelf for her plants.
the window should be installed tomorrow

— Henry Ford

duncanshannon

Home: Minneapolis, MN area.  Land: (no cabin yet) Spooner, WI area.  Plan: 20x34 1 1/2 Story. Experience Level: n00b. 
Build Thread: http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=10784.0

astidham

— Henry Ford

mogie01

Great job on the window, your wife will love it! [cool]

astidham

— Henry Ford

Mrdecatur217

i noticed you used glass for your windows., and wood for your walls is that normal? it looks very nice son,. it is easier to change now then when the inside wall is finished., so have fun. Dad

dug

Beginning to look like a home. Nice job!

beckhamk

What was the cost of your trusses?  Very nice and coming along nicely.

astidham

the trusses cost around 1200.00 if i remember right, for the scissor trusses and the drop cable trusses
— Henry Ford

beckhamk

astidham  - thanks for the info. just wanted to compare to the prices i was seeing.  Mine are inline.

BTW: I assume a 12/12 pitch on the outside and that the inside is 8/12?

Also are you planning to run any ties accross your open area at all to tie the walls together?

astidham

Quote from: beckhamk on April 23, 2011, 05:06:27 PM
astidham  - thanks for the info. just wanted to compare to the prices i was seeing.  Mine are inline.

BTW: I assume a 12/12 pitch on the outside and that the inside is 8/12?

Also are you planning to run any ties accross your open area at all to tie the walls together?
it is a 12/12 pitch.
how i understand it, If your trusses are engineered, collar ties are not necessary with a 10' or under side wall.
my side walls are 10' with the trusses i have our loft has a ceiling height at the peak ~9'
— Henry Ford

beckhamk

Thanks for the info! Your truss mfg didnt say that the inside would be a 8/12?  just curious as i just contacted one place and they told me they can do a scissor truss 12/12 for hte outside but the inside would be 8/12.  I figure your inside is around the same.