can photos from google go on the forum? A test:)

Started by Dave Sparks, February 24, 2019, 11:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Sparks

Can a moderator comment on if this is safe, for me?
"we go where the power lines don't"

MountainDon

I do not see a problem of safety with posting the images.  However, I can't say the same for your forests.   ;)

However, posting google hosted images is sometimes difficult.  I posted them below with the following method.  I clicked on the link in Dave's post and opened it in a new tab. That displayed a page with two images side by side.

I then right clicked on the first image and selected "open link in new tab".  From the new tab, displaying a larger version of the first image, I right clicked on the image, and then I selected "copy image address".  Next, I pasted that copy in between two image tags in this compose message field.  Image tags can be selected by placing the cursor where the image is to go and then clicking on the tiny "insert image" icon above the compose message field.  I hope that is clear.

Then repeat the process for the next image.

The images were kind of large so after the initial posting I came back in and set a smaller size. If you have posted an image that appears to fill the page too much you can edit the message by selecting the "modify" tab above the post.  You can then scroll to the linked image info and look for the sizes (in pixels) that the forum software inserted and change them to a smaller setting. Proportions need to be retained. That leaves the larger image on the hosted site but causes the displayed image here to be made smaller.

We have much the same problem with too many trees in the Jemez here in NM. The FS has been thinning heavily in the areas around us over the past few years.  This winter we have had great amounts of snow and my friends tell me the FS has burnt a lot of the slash that could not be burned last winter because of no snow.  FWIW this year we now are at 106% of average of snow/moisture compared to only 33% last winter at this time.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Dave Sparks

Thanks Don!  I will give it a try later. I don't want to be late for happy hour......

glenn kangiser

A friend who works for CDF said the forest fires here would have went out weeks earlier if the fuel companies would have quit selling the CDF diesel to relight the fires, in fact the smokiest times during the inversion layers were caused by the fire not wanting to burn but CDF relighting them.  With the tree huggers here, a forest fire is the only time they get to make necessary burns to clear out the Jerry Brown Brush from bad forest management... yes, Donald Trump is fairly correct.  :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

glenn kangiser

Here is one from Facebook.  I have used it before and it did work.  Not sure if it always works.  Just put them in an album, post the album then go back and find them, right click and copy the location and paste it here.

I went back and cut the size in half as you mentioned, Don.

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Dave Sparks

Nice photo Glen. We may know he is right but you should have heard the silence at board of Sups on Saturday when they brought up the shortcomings of the endangered species act.

Here is a link to the folks who got the grant for Saturdays presentation. They are the only Museum in the world powered by micro hydro from Shaver Lake.

http://www.sierrahistorical.org/

glenn kangiser

Thanks, Dave. That pix was in Loikaw, Myanmar a year ago January after consuming a nice glass of Kayan rice whiskey my buddy treated me to.

We love the Kayan people.  Some of our favorites in Myanmar.

Cool info on the local politicians. I've lost faith in most of them so don't pay enough attention sometimes.  :)