Small house in Mid-Coast Maine

Started by pocono_couple, December 09, 2019, 04:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pocono_couple

miketom

I'm a little bit confused here myself. The initial attachment showed your work-in-progress house. Now the latter link is something I couldn't figure. But those plans were absolutely amazing. I had my fair share of thoughts in building on my own. But since I lack resources for it, I figured it would be good to invest in a pre-constructed condo and remodel it with some innovative architectural ideas. I hope everything has worked for you. The pictures were amazing.

pocono_couple

Hi there.. just saw your post and question.   I have yet to figure out how to post pics here since i no longer use photobucket.   The house in Maine is coming along well..   Anticipating a visit from the state electrical inspector tomorrow.. hopefully, he will approve of the wiring work that I have done to date.   jt

pocono_couple

Well.. the link in the post above is a recent picture of our current project.   It is a half - cape  with an ell.  The cape is  20 x 20  and contains the living / dining / kitchen area  and the ell is 16 x 20  (original plan was 12 x 16) and  has the  bedroom / bathroom and storage space along with a closet for a stacked washer and dryer.   We are building with aging in place in mind.  The house is in mid coast Maine just outside of Bath.   I bought the plans years ago from Country Designs  in Essex Ct.

archimedes

Nice house.

Did you bring the Com-Pac 23 with you?
Give me a place to stand and a lever long enough,  and I will move the world.

pocono_couple

Thanks !   we did , finally get the compac up here , and this past summer launched it at Derektor Robinhood  where I worked part time on the dock..  we got to do some exploring locally..   highlights included having a humpback whale surface just astern from us the first time we made it down the river to the ocean  and a trip to Damariscove Island  where we enjoyed lunch and a hike..  hoping to explore further next summer!  jt

pocono_couple

are you the same archimedes as  the one on the compac yacht owners assoc?

archimedes

Yes I am.

I had the same experience last summer in Cape Cod with whales.  A whole group of them came up and surrounded the Pearson 26 I was sailing.  Beautiful creatures. 

Maine is a great place to sail.  Planning on getting up there this summer (virus permitting).  Boothbay area.
Give me a place to stand and a lever long enough,  and I will move the world.

pocono_couple

well  ... that is too funny!  i tried sending you a pm yesterday, but it did not appear to work.    we are just down from Boothbay.   One of our "adventures"  this summer was  a trip to Boothbay harbor..  not a very long trip.  we just had to get through Goose Rock passage into the sheepscot  river - across the sheepscot and then through the Townsend Gut into Boothbay Harbor.   We motored over and then sailed back home , going around the outside.   Damariscove Island is a few miles off of Boothbay.  It was a great destination for our first island adventure.   jt

pocono_couple

ahh.. so i just looked back and saw that we shared some thoughts about the house in the poconos  a number of years ago.. so much has transpired since then!    My step daughter and her husband are currently renting the pocono house from us..  we spoke to her last week and let her know that we are planning on selling the house in a year.. just a little nudge  to let her know that she needs to be thinking about her next phase of life :)