Sutherlands "Complete Home Packages"

Started by kendra, September 30, 2005, 11:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kendra

Although John's plans are by far the best out there (I've been obsessed with Victoria's Cottage for a couple of years now), I enjoy reading others perspectives here on other home plans/sites too.

Here's one I hadn't seen discussed here before:
http://www.sutherlands.com/houses.htm
that I'm sure some of you would have some pespectives on.

(Long time lurker, heading back into lurkdom.)

jraabe

Kendra:

Thanks for the link. Prepriced plan and material packages are a simpler way to go when companies such as Sutherland's (south central U.S.) offer them.

Many other suppliers will let you customize their own plans (if offered) or will do a takeoff package price on a plan you have chosen for your own situation.

Any plan, mine or someone else's, will likely be better after adaption to your site and lifestyle. Don't be afraid to take such a plan to the local home center and ask them to do a takeoff.

Epiphany

When I lived in the Kansas City area, we regularly visited Sutherlands for various items.  They had a Midwesterner and a Scotty built on-site.  Nice plans, efficient use of space.  I think they even included the wall paint.  In fact, the Midwesterner was my idea of a "dream house" for quite some time.  Now my kids are grown and I think of John's Builder's Cottage as my dream house.   ;D

Anyway, nice plans, efficiently laid out, but even then I could tell the products included in the package to be very low quality.