Fixture for your home

Started by glenn-k, May 19, 2006, 09:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn-k

Jimmy_Cason

I think I am in the wrong line of work..

Amanda_931

I think they should have been gold-plated--on a rusty (55 gallon drum) sub-strate (is that the right word?).

On the other hand, maybe we could get ourselves really classy looking sinks using surplus drums--but there's no storage underneath  :(

glenn-k

With a single propane burner under the bottom it would really make one cozy hot tub. :-/

Reminds me of a hot spring we have in the eastern Sierra's.  They call it the Crab Cooker. :)

Amanda_931

Remember the Foxworthy cartoon from the first "you might be a redneck if" book--if you ever made a hot tub out of a trolling motor--with a blissed out little kid in the 55 gallon drum.

jwv

I could so do this in our hall bath!!! Hmmmmm....... I could cut an opening at the bottom for a little storage., no scratch that build a shelf of galvanized...and make a sort of counter around the back 3/4 of the drum cut so that the front 1/4 retains the circular shape and projects from the counter.  Wheels turning...

Judy

glenn-k

nandajor

Sweet-T-Pie  :-*! Give me $2,600 and I will furnish three bathrooms and a kitchen.  It's not that I am cheap, but down here we burn our trash in those barrels.  

glenn-k

Garsh, Nanda ---- :-[   No convincing you it's high class? :)

Amanda_931

I thought that the idea of the mirror made with a locking ring for the drum was inspired!

No low-class person would put a--presumably beveled--mirror in the locking ring!   :o It's such a sophisticated thought  ::)

But I still think that a used drum would be better than new, gold plated over rust or not.  With the sink part a steel drum??

bartholomew

Quote...down here we burn our trash in those barrels.  

It's multi-functional. That's what makes it so expensive.

nandajor

I think "class is in the mind of the beholder"...or something like that.

Amanda_931

I keep forgetting to put in smileys.

:(