Spell Checker

Started by glenn kangiser, March 15, 2006, 11:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn kangiser

This spell checker is not real fancy but works with any windows program including this forum - 110000 words and you can add to it.  Right click the icon in the system tray for options after install.

You can also right click the tray icon and open a spelling window that you can type into or it will follow your typing as you type anywhere on the page - you then click the check at the misspelled and suggested words will come up - click the right one and it is inserted in the text.

Another option is to just left click the icon in the system tray when it is yellow -indicating a misspelling.  Options of many words will pop up from the tray - click the correct one - it is replaced.

A hot key of your choice can also be set.  Default is control ;  --I changed it to control z to be easier to find.

TinySpell 1.4 - a tiny spell checker for Windows
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Jimmy C.

[size=18]Wut ar yoo trian tu sae?[/size] ;D
The hardest part is getting past the mental blocks about what you are capable of doing.
Cason 2-Story Project MY PROGRESS PHOTOS

glenn kangiser

Well, Jimmy--- My laptop computer has a few keys I have to punch pretty hard or they don't type a letter.  If I couldn't easily catch those computer goofs it may look like I was a bad spieler.  :-/
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Amanda_931

coffee and cat food crunched into the on the laptop--that's the only reason why any of us would need a spell checker.  Of course.  None of us are dyslexic.   ::)  Especially not me when I'm tired.

(and we might tip a hat to--daddymem's??--perfectly unreadable garbage that could pass anybody's spell check.)

I've got the Google toolbars, and that has a kind of clunky spell checker on it.

(cat food?  Well yes.  Some of the cats eat on a box on the table where the laptop normally sits}

jonsey/downunder

My spell checker spends most of her time in the sewing room building quilts. Don't know if I would call her clunky though, could find myself sleeping on the floor.  ;D
I've got nothing on today. This is not to say I'm naked. I'm just sans........ Plans.