NE1 have ballpark foundation prices

Started by Ray N, December 06, 2004, 12:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray N

Can someone give me a rough idea on what a slab or full foundation should run for a small house like the ones on this site?  I'm not looking for this to be a DIY, but sub this out.

I know there are a lot of variables but knowing that the raw materials for shell should cost about $12 to $15 per square foot really helped me.

Thanks

Micky

Mine was just finished last week.  It is 20x32, 8" thick wall and 8" x 24" footing.  We had to have a pumper truck which added an extra $700.  The total cost was about $5000 including excavating.  As you can see the excavating was pretty straight forward with the level ground.  It was also very sandy which helped reduce the excavating cost.  However, it is in a fairly remote locating that added to the cost.

Ray N

Looks like you got it done just in time!  

From the picture I appears like you using a crawlspace foundation,  or am I wrong on that?

How remote is the site, it looks great BTW,  I see that you were able to get trucks there so was it travel time,  or did they actually have to go a while off road?   My site is via a logging road,  which I hope to get a little more "road" and less "log" done first.

Micky

Correct, I am doing a crawlspace.

It is about a two hour trip for the cement and crew.  The roads are actually pretty good, it is just a matter of slow going on the winding roads.

Bob Lawrence

For what it's worth, I did a 24' X 48' slab 6" thick
with a 24" wide X 24" deep footing around the perimeter, considerably larger than you ask about.
Total cost was just over $6,000. I did all the work
except actual finish which I paid a crew $650 to do for me and the wisest investment I ever made!
I had easy access and was close to a plant so no
extra charges for delivery or difficulity in unloading.
This figures to just over $5 per sq ft but that includes double the steel normally used, rental
backhoe for two days, fill sand, forms, relocating
a sewer line and water line plus I plan on adding full bath so that also includes plumbing.
I would guess you could easily get by for around
$3.50 per sq ft if you are going with a normal
slab.
Hope this helps.

Tom

Keep in mind that materials prices will affect this a lot.  I pay $138/yd for concrete.  50 miles away, it's $95/yd.  A thousand miles away, it's under $85/yd.

Where you are building will have a major effect on costs.  Doing the same thing as someone else may still cost double.

Best thing to do, open the Yellow Pages and call people in your area.  You don't have to know exactly what you will build.  If you think you'll have 120 lineal feet of wall at 6" thick, 9' tall with eight corners, a concrete contractor will be able to give you a ballpark price for your area.

Jimmy C.

QuoteMine was just finished last week.  It is 20x32, 8" thick wall and 8" x 24" footing.  We had to have a pumper truck which added an extra $700.  The total cost was about $5000 including excavating.  As you can see the excavating was pretty straight forward with the level ground.  It was also very sandy which helped reduce the excavating cost.  However, it is in a fairly remote locating that added to the cost.

Micky, Looks good! What plan did you choose?
The hardest part is getting past the mental blocks about what you are capable of doing.
Cason 2-Story Project MY PROGRESS PHOTOS

Micky

I am doing the 20x30 1-1/2 story.  I added 2' to the length and am going to use 12' walls to give more usable space in the loft.

I am looking forward to getting going when all of that white stuff is gone.