118sf house for 2

Started by Mae-Ling, July 26, 2012, 02:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mae-Ling

I have been interested in small space design and found your site, thought I'd share my layout that is under 120sf.

The main square is 11' by 11' with a 2' by 3' corner our by the closet.
The vanity is in a bump out - and would not in most places be considered part of the square footage. If it is then just take 2"of the length along the wall the door is on.
The toilet doors flip out and enclose a shower pan in the floor, which would have a panel that you remove to keep it flush with the rest of the floor, this could be hidden with an area rug/strip.
The Murphy bed flips down over the couch. This gives a real bed. It would have it's 6'-2" length along the couch and then flip out the 54". No arm rest on this side of the couch so there is a wall for the pillows when the bed is down to rest against. The other end (foot of the bed) has a 12" (approx) table. I'd use roll pillows with firm filling on each end of the couch as arm rests.

grahadesain dot com/several-things-to-consider-when-choosing-sofa-murphy-beds.html[/url] -

Link to Couch/murphy bed idea.

The coffee table has 2 folding chairs that store under it, it would expand up to be the dining table, and drop down to fit under the bed when it is down.

The door would have a wdw that opens as well as the opposite wall and one above the counter.

EDIT: Link modified. This is first post of new member and the OP appears to violate the no advert policy. Warning sent. Link info retained but requires copy/paste and some typing. No Follow for search engines.

Mae-Ling

It wasn't advertising, I in no way have any affiliation with the company, just like that style of murphy bed that flips down over the couch and allows for a real mattress.

MountainDon

Ok. It's just that when a new member posts a link to a commercial website, this one from Jakarta Indonesia, it does look like a spam attempt. If it was not meant as spam, I apologize for my suspicions. We at Country Plans Forum pride ourselves on the fact that we have very little spam. As you read and get to know us you will see that we do tolerate and even encourage the dissemination of useful information via links. Sometimes there is a fine line between spam and being a helpful member. As a member contributes to the questions of other members it becomes easier to differentiate. Thanks for joining us and I apologize if I made you feel unwelcome. Active contributing members are more than welcome; spam advertisers are not. Some forums do not permit the posting of any links at all, nor any photos at all, until the member has made 10, 20 or so posts to the topics. We don't do that, but we are sensitive to ads/spam.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Mae-Ling

NO problem.
I have had that idea of a bed that flips down over the couch so you can have a real bed and not a 'hide-a-bed' for a while did some searching a while ago and came across them.

Here are others so You get the idea and I am not singling out one.
https://www.google.ca/search?q=murphy+bed+over+couch&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=3cgRUJKYJc7hiwK2z4HIAQ&ved=0CFYQsAQ&biw=1264&bih=726