Tried the Ambassador...too slow......but

Started by peternap, June 27, 2008, 06:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

I've always loved 4 stroke thumpers! I've had a few BSA and Ducati singles. My favorite, which I truly wish I'd never sold, was the 450 Desmo Ducati...

... different flavor of bike from the Honda XL600R though.  The BSA's were Victors that could idle so slow you could just about feel the piston moving up and down.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

peternap

I like your taste in bikes Don! ;)

I had a BSA 441 in my misspent youth. It started just like this one. If you didn;t decompress right, it would launch you. ;D

Looked like this one"

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

Ah yes; there was a short learning curve to the compression release, a very handy device but mis-used it was nasty.  ;D

I had both a round barrel and a square barrel cylinder Victor at different times. They were cool bikes. That's another I wish I still had. I also had one of the street versions, the B44 Shooting Star.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

BiggKidd

Hey Peter

Nice bike.  [cool] [cool] [cool] They are lots of fun. Are you going to leave it at the farm? I know from experiance thats not something you want to make long trips on. I had a KLR 650 a few years ago. Like so many things I wish now I hadn't sold it. After an hour long ride you felt like you were shaking the rest of the day.

Enjoy your new toy.

Larry
A hard life only makes you stronger.

Larry