Sad Day News

Started by MountainDon, July 02, 2013, 12:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

I've been out of the news loop for a day or so. It is very sad that 19 of the courageous men fighting to suppress wildfires died doing their job in AZ Sunday.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

rick91351

It sort of hits personal here in the Western United States when something like this tragedy occurs I think.  Lots of us have had and have interaction with Hot Shot Fire Crews, Air Attack Personal, 'grunt fire crews' and all the logistical personal that goes along with it.  Especially so if we spend much time in the outdoors.  A lot of my uncles growing up worked for the USFS and spent many summers on the fire lines as 'cat skinners' and fire crew bosses.'  Boise, Idaho is the Headquarters of the National Inter-agency Fire Center so when anything like this tragedy happens it is hard felt and does trickle in to the community as well.

Next time I run into a team of Hot Shots having burgers at the Y-Stop after a fire I know I will thank them for what they do.  So often we just take them for granted.       
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.