Pics of the Cabin Site...

Started by 70boss, May 19, 2005, 09:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70boss

Here are some pics of the land we bought last year.  Lot size is 100X100 square...which gives us a nice lake frontage.  The pines are HUGE.. and the lake is crystal clear.

Jimmy_Cason

That lot is Beautiful! ;D

glenn-k

With a fishing hole like that when will you have time for work ???  Nice place.

70boss

This is where I am planning to build the 20X30 universal.  Probably the 1 1/2 story with log siding, or full logs.

glenn-k

That sounds great.  Keep us posted -and get a line in the water. ;D

Nevada_Mike

Wow that looks really great.  If you need a little practice my 20x30 has a long way to go. Where are you?

Chuckca

I'm now in the 20-30 club....where in AR are you located....I'm looking at land near Lebanon/Grovespring, MO....be happy to help!

70boss

The site is near Minoqua Wisconsin....in Woodruff.  While being very private and quiet, the vacation town and hundreds of Musky lakes are within shouting distance.  

I would love to help someone build their place.  I am currently "retired"...AKA Unemployed, until my permits and building goes up for my auto dealership.  

If any of you are within 200-300 miles of Madison, I can offer some FREE labor and tools to get some work done.... time at home is driving me nuts!! ;D

Chuckca

Is land available there...How affordable is it....very nice piece of land...100x100 is a decent size lot!

Daddymem

Nice looking lot...looks like the cape here.  I wanna dive right in that water....come on summer!

70boss

QuoteIs land available there...How affordable is it....very nice piece of land...100x100 is a decent size lot!

Yes, there is land every where.  I look every day to see whats around.  This particular parcel was advertised for sale at $43,500....it did not sell.

My friend has had a cabin on the lake since his childhood and he told me about the lot.  I called the town clerks office and got the plat map and the owners name and address.  Then I called and negotiated with the owner of the land.  I found out what he paid for the land from the clerks office....$26,500 a few years earlier.  I then gave him some appreciaton and we settled on a $32500 price.  It was a pretty good deal I think.  As for closing...I did that via the mail!! I sent a check to the closing office and they sent me the warranty deed etc.  

The property is 215 miles from Madison, and about 3.25 hours away.

CHUCKA...what are you looking for and I will forward you some properties.....

glenn-k

70boss, your place reminds me of Thoreau.  If you haven't read Walden, take a quick look-- I'm sure you'll relate.

http://www.concord.org/town/Walden/WaldenTOC.html

FrankInWI

I love the small tranquil lake.  I know there are many lakes up there.  So many with high prices homes and cars parked with Illinois plates.  Damn flat landers raiding our state and bidding up the price of property.  You got a great lot!
I live in Milwaukee.  We bought small place near Shawano with a strip going to an oxbow of the Wolf River.   We're  happy, but I wish I had more money to build.  I might go with a garage first and use that for a base till later.  Right now we have a pop up.  
Your building a car dealership??? Gee....someone has capital.  
Anyway, if I was ready I'd have you come up and help us.  Then I could take my boys to come up and help you on your place (the need to see that fantastic far north musky lake land).
Take care....
Frank

FrankInWI

I don't know how that un-smiley face got on there.   :) for you building a dealership!  In Madison, or up north?