design program questions

Started by Mia, February 27, 2005, 03:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mia

o.k., this is one of those questions that I hate to ask, cuz I suppose that everyone else already knows this.  so maybe you can refer me to a link or 2, to give me some answers.
I bought the 3DHA 3.0, installed it in my computer.  now what?   how do I start to draw a house?
I can draw a rectangle that is almost the right dimension.  I can put in a door that might be in the right place.  or not.  I can put in a window that is not where I wanted it.  I can delete the whole thing & start over.
this continual trial & error process does not seem like it is going to be any faster than drawing everything by hand.
is there a tutorial for this program?  was there supposed to be a paper manual?
I have no prior CAD experience, other than about 2 frustrating hours with Delta Cad.  so, maybe thinking that I could learn 3DHA without 2 or 3 more years of math & computer courses is unrealistic.     :-/
You can't have everything without having too much of something.

jonsey/downunder

Hi Mia,
This link may be of some help to you.  http://countryplans.com/3dha/index.html
I don't know the program you are using but there should be some information in the help file. There could also be a link to the programs web site somewhere there as well.
Mostly with these programs, it is a matter of patience and to just keep playing with it. You will soon find out how it works. Sorry I can't be of more help to you, just keep plugging away.
jonesy.
I've got nothing on today. This is not to say I'm naked. I'm just sans........ Plans.

Dan

QuoteI can draw a rectangle that is almost the right dimension.  I can put in a door that might be in the right place.  or not.  I can put in a window that is not where I wanted it.  I can delete the whole thing & start over.
  :-/

The link jonseyhay posted is about the best reference you will find.  You are well on your way, in fact you have the starting down just fine.  Now once you have those created (walls with a door and window or two) you can go ahead and resize and move the walls doors and windows.  To resize and move you want to use the arrow tool (far left on the toolbar), then click once on the item to modify, like a wall, and grab points will show up.  The middle grab point allows you to move the whole wall sideways, while the end ones allow you to make it longer or shorter.  Windows and doors the same concept, although those I usually double click on them and you can set the size and style in the pop-up and then slide it along the wall to where you want.

3DHA 3.0 is fairly user friendly, with some major frustrations in stairs and roofs, but just keep plugging away, you'll get it.  And feel free to ask as many questions as you like, people here are very helpfull.