a really good insult

Started by Homegrown Tomatoes, August 23, 2008, 05:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homegrown Tomatoes

Last night we had omelettes for supper.  My kids like eggs.  They like cheese.  They like all their veggies.  They like salsa.  For the life of me, I don't get why they don't like omelettes.  So, I put just a little on each of the big girls' plates, and they filled up the rest of the plates with salad.  Both of them ate the salad, but I told them that they needed to eat the few little bites of omelette, too.  There were a few groans, but they both know better than to say that they don't want to eat any (double portion rule) or to say they don't like it (because if they'll be rude about food at home, they'll do it at someone else's house eventually.)  The 4yo buckled down and just ate it even though it isn't her favorite thing, but the 5yo was piddling around and trying to devise a way out of eating the 2 tablespoons of eggs on her plate.  Finally, with a heavy sigh, she leaned her head on the heel of her hand and glared at her plate and said in a pitiful tone and with a serious look, "I wish I'd been born without tastebuds."  I couldn't help it; I laughed so hard I almost blew iced tea out my nose.  I know, I shouldn't encourage it, but it was such a good put-down of my cooking, and her tone and face were so hilarious.  Later I put the mom face back on and told her she shouldn't say stuff like that, but I'd grin every time I thought of it for the rest of the evening.  What can I say.... my kid has a way with words.

glenn kangiser

That's a good one.  She's pretty bright.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Sassy

http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

Homegrown Tomatoes

She's pretty good at figuring out how to say and do stuff that won't overtly break the rules.  She didn't say she wouldn't eat them, and she didn't say she didn't like them or complain directly about the food....merely made a wish.  She did eat them eventually, incidentally.