A peaceful game cam picture

Started by peternap, August 12, 2012, 06:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

This little island is one of my favorite game cam places on the farm.

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

rick91351

I can see why that is a favorite spot....  [cool]
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

UK4X4

Huge29

Where are you located?  Those look big for white tails.

peternap

Quote from: Huge29 on August 19, 2012, 07:22:47 PM
Where are you located?  Those look big for white tails.

Virginia. They're average size Doe's.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Huge29

Cool!  So, you must be used to hunter's dogs running through your flat.  I had an old customer from Fredericksburg who hunted down south and I was amazed at the hunting techniques allowed, then only use muzzleloaders, weird!  And then have to lease land to be able to hunt, nice to have lots of public land here to use.
Thanks for sharing!  I just pulled my first set of trail cam videos, lots of fun to watch!

peternap

Quote from: Huge29 on August 23, 2012, 12:39:41 AM
Cool!  So, you must be used to hunter's dogs running through your flat.  I had an old customer from Fredericksburg who hunted down south and I was amazed at the hunting techniques allowed, then only use muzzleloaders, weird!  And then have to lease land to be able to hunt, nice to have lots of public land here to use.
Thanks for sharing!  I just pulled my first set of trail cam videos, lots of fun to watch!

This is a nice peaceful site where we all get along. I try to avoid the subject of dog hunters. I will say this.....every year I ask the General Assembly to make Dog Hunters a non game species..so I can shoot em all year long >:(

Huge29

Quote from: peternap on August 23, 2012, 01:26:12 AM
This is a nice peaceful site where we all get along. I try to avoid the subject of dog hunters. I will say this.....every year I ask the General Assembly to make Dog Hunters a non game species..so I can shoot em all year long >:(
Well, don't mince words here, we are all grown men; tell us all how you REALLY feel.

peternap

Quote from: Huge29 on August 30, 2012, 12:47:42 AM
Well, don't mince words here, we are all grown men; tell us all how you REALLY feel.

Did you know most doghunters spoke French....and NO TRESPASSING in French, means WELCOME! >:(

NOTHING i LIKE BETTER THAN WATCHING WILDLIFE WHILE I'M IN MY TREE STAND >:(

Huge29

Thanks for the French lesson!  That has to be infuriating!  That type of evidence is a little difficult to dispute.  I am surprised to see them wearing orange, most trespassers take it off to not be spotted. 

peternap

Quote from: Huge29 on September 01, 2012, 11:24:49 PM
Thanks for the French lesson!  That has to be infuriating!  That type of evidence is a little difficult to dispute.  I am surprised to see them wearing orange, most trespassers take it off to not be spotted.

He belongs to a hunt club that give every land owner trouble.
I couldn't find out who he was so I got a John Doe warrant. He'll show up along the road in November and I'll grab him.

Huge29

Good luck!  Looks like ammo would be 12 g slugs?  Don't a lot of people use muzzle loaders also?  Can't use centerfire from what I understand?  Where is the fun in that?  Very different methods than the muleys here in Utah, but I would love to try my hand there too, one of these fine days.  What are tag limits there?  Here it is a little difficult to even get one, yet I hear of states where you can get a dozen tags/year between antlerless, etc.

peternap

We can use centerfire rifles and handguns.

The seasons start with bow season. That's my favorite and I limit myself to two deer during that.
Next Muzzle loader season, I usually get one or two Bucks because the rut has started.
Next rifle season (or shotgun depending on where you are) I may shoot one during the rifle season but for the most part I'm running dog hunters off.

I'm not sure how many bonus deer I can kill, 6 is the most I ever shot in a year and that's too many for my farm. I can get damage stamps and kill as many as I want...but that isn't necessary nor can I use that many.

Then small game which I enjoy.

Then in the spring, turkey and the part I hate the worst. Dog hunters are famous for abandoning dogs that won't hunt or just don't come back at the end of the day. By spring, these dogs are either packing together or starving. Either way, I have to kill them.

peternap

I have a lot more to hunt than Deer...but I admit, I spend a lot more time watching than I do killing.

Huge29

Very nice bear!  Thanks for sharing!

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.