DOJ Virus

Started by bayview, January 19, 2013, 06:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayview

Got the "Department of Justice" virus today.

Using a second computer I was able to get some information via the internet.

On the infected computer I was able to start in "Safe Mode with Network".   (Pressing F8 key)

I downloaded "Spyhunter" anti-virus software.   After $39.99 for the subscription, I scanned the computer.

So far all is back to normal.

I wish the a%%h&%*^s  that come up with these virus burn in . . . . .

/.
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

StinkerBell

bayview

Did that weeks ago.

Still got it . . .

/.
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

John Raabe

I had a Trojan Horse last week. Browser add-ons can be a problem. On Firefox I just disabled Java and the Foxit Reader which are reported to be vulnerable by Firefox.

Here's a helpful article to checkout for Chrome and others. It will also tell you if Java is running on your computer. If it is you should remove it using the control panel.

http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/how-to-disable-java-chrome/
None of us are as smart as all of us.

StinkerBell

I believe you, however I know a few people who disabled Java script and not Java, so it is mentioned just in case.

Don_P

If you disable java can you still run javascripts?

StinkerBell

Yes, the name is similar but they are unrelated.

bayview

Just before my computer locked up with the virus,  I received a "pop-up" when starting my laptop.   Supposedly from JAVA asking me to update . . .    Looking back, it probably wasn't a coincidence.

Needless to say . . .    All Java programs are now off my computer.

/.