Okanogan land wanted

Started by rniles, February 10, 2011, 06:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rniles

Looking for land <= $20,000 in the Okanogan area
Owner Contract, 10-25% down, 10% interest, 5-10 years
No penalties for prepayment
For 20 or more acres with some trees (a little or a lot)
Must be legally reachable by vehicle with county or deeded access
No CCRs and no HOA
Taxes must be current and paid, I would pay taxes as part of contract
The title must be free and clear of any encumbrances.
Not on reservation land
Please provide location, parcel number with any offers.
I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. - Col. Stonehill in 'True Grit'

diyfrank

Home is where you make it

rniles

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. - Col. Stonehill in 'True Grit'

SkagitDrifter

We had Tina help us with the purchase of our place-
She was great - very helpful and no pressure.

http://www.propertiesbytinaholan.com/

All the Best- let us know where you buy.
Tom
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln

rniles

Thanks for the tip Tom!  I'll definitely get in contact with her.

Looking forward to this and will let you know where I end up!

Triathlete

??? You are dreaming!  Are you aware of the prices for property in the Okanogan?  You will have about the same chance of buying 20 acres in the Okanogan as you would in San Francisco for under $20,000.  Try 2 million dollars with your conditions and stipulations.

MountainDon

There is an area in the USA that is known as the Okanogan, as well as the area in Canada's Beautiful BC that all Canadians think of when they hear the term, The Okanogan.

Perhaps the land prices south of the 49th are not as pricey?  ???  I have no idea but for now let's assume that to be correct and cut some slack for rniles.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

John Raabe

There used to be ads in the Seattle papers for low cost Okanogan land in Eastern WA. I don't know if you can still find $1k/acre land there anymore.

Remember that to Canadians this is the sunny south... but to US residents it's the cold and isolated far North. Prices reflect that.

UPDATE: With just a quick search I was able to find 20 acres for $37k near Chesaw, WA

None of us are as smart as all of us.

MountainDon

Quote from: John Raabe on March 16, 2011, 06:36:08 PM

Remember that to Canadians this is the sunny south... but to US residents it's the cold and isolated far North.

A friend from back home (Winnipeg) moved there a few years back he retired.
Another friend moved to Victoria; also a lot warmer than Winterpeg.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

rniles

I don't know the prices in the Canadian Okanagan but I do have a list of Washington's Okanogan for around my price, some more, some less. I'm sure there's a lot better for more $$ but I'm just looking for some hunting/recreational that I can have an off-grid mini cabin. Once I get the land, then I'll be ordering John's plans. Been reading here for a while now and getting the itch to start doing.

Triathlete

rniles ... my apologies to you sir.  I was unaware that there was more than one region known as Okanogan in North America.  I am all for cutting people slack, but I am also one for holding people accountable, including myself of course.

I believe I was also venting at the price of land values in some parts of Canada, particularly in southern BC.  It seems that the little guy has little choice in where to build these days.  If the land is large enough and affordable for the little guy, it is usually quite remote from urban centres and on less than desirable land.  The fact that the real estate market in the US has bottomed-out should provide more choice for those starting out.  The Canadian real estate market on the other hand has been strong in the last 2 years, so bullish that some economists are calling it a bubble.  Regardless, I would not rush the land purchase.  Your piece of good land will eventually come to you with patience. 

sako

We had good luck with Dennis Brothers, Upper Vally Realty in Tonasket.
We just got our place a year ago and cant wait to build. We will be
getting the 20x30 plans soon.Good luck!

rniles

Quote from: Triathlete on March 19, 2011, 07:39:21 PM
If the land is large enough and affordable for the little guy, it is usually quite remote from urban centres and on less than desirable land.  The fact that the real estate market in the US has bottomed-out should provide more choice for those starting out. 
Regardless, I would not rush the land purchase.

Not a problem ...At first I just thought your post was just a flamer/troller not intending to serve a purpose but to rile things up. Now I know otherwise.

The ad I have is exactly that, I'm looking for land that is remote and away from urban centers. ...less desirable I suppose to the normal ON-grid desires.

Best of luck to you, I hope you can find something and I'll make sure I don't rush my purchase. Thanks!

rniles

Quote from: sako on March 19, 2011, 08:50:06 PM
We had good luck with Dennis Brothers, Upper Vally Realty in Tonasket.
We just got our place a year ago and cant wait to build. We will be
getting the 20x30 plans soon.Good luck!

Thanks for the tip Sako, I'll look at what he has as well!

curlewdave

Don't know how big a piece you are entertaining.  We own a 158-acre piece near Curlew which I am considering putting on the market due to my wife's illness...It's up a creek called Empire Creek.  A beautiful piece with a 10x20 cabin I put on it  "for storage."

About half treed, half meadows, views to die for in all directions... I won't split it up, as it is too unique to ruin that way, tho I guess whoever buys it might..But I guess I'd never know about it....I do have a few pics, but don't use the photo stuff on this site, tho I could e-mail you some...Anyway, good luck on your pursuit, as it's beautiful country over there................Dave

John Raabe

curlewdave:

Hope you don't mind but I did a Google Earth search on your general location and came up with this.

I know that country. Great place for a get away or homestead property.
None of us are as smart as all of us.

jharleyhammond

Try this place.
http://www.dirt-cheap-dirt.com. 

Ric Gerig is also a great person, based out of Republic. I'm no expert, but less than 20K for 20 acres is going to be really tough, expecially with your expescations. Our place is about 8 miles SW of Tonasket. We paid more than that but our place has a nice well. A parcel near us is landlocked (I believe - don't know about access) and seller is asking 40 or 45k.

OlJarhead

Quote from: jharleyhammond on June 03, 2011, 10:04:33 PM
Try this place.
http://www.dirt-cheap-dirt.com. 

Ric Gerig is also a great person, based out of Republic. I'm no expert, but less than 20K for 20 acres is going to be really tough, expecially with your expescations. Our place is about 8 miles SW of Tonasket. We paid more than that but our place has a nice well. A parcel near us is landlocked (I believe - don't know about access) and seller is asking 40 or 45k.

I bought from Ric Gerig :)  Nice guy!  Great guy in fact!  Straight up and honest.