John Stewart Discusses the Top tier Republicans

Started by Windpower, August 16, 2011, 07:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM_Shooter

OMG>.. that was fall off my chair funny.  I am glad I wasn't drinking something at the time. 
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

dug

Anyone still believe the citizens of America actually pick their leader?

Native_NM

I do.  I think Americans get exactly what they ask for. Obama has done everything he said he would, and more. Moral: Be careful what you ask for. 
New Mexico.  Better than regular Mexico.

Woodsrule

Native NM - Just so. Obama was not exactly the Manchurian Candidate as some have alleged. He was very upfront with the folks he associates with and the positions he would take. Now we see the results of his positions. I know plenty of folks who have expressed buyer's remorse, so the next election should be interesting.

OlJarhead

Sometimes I am amazed that the average person doesn't see these things.  Thanks to John Stewart for pointing it out.

Sadly, I think the American people get what they vote for and they fall for it over and over again...and maybe you have too (I certainly have from time to time -- are you willing to admit it?)....bottom line?

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic"
Supposedly Ben Franklin said that -- but not matter, it makes my point.

Obama promised 'Hope and Change' -- we got that.  Now we hope he will get tossed out and we pray for a change back to less government.

NM_Shooter

One of my buddies told me that democrats are "tax and spend" and republicans are just "spend".

I think most of those in both parties are nothing more than actors who either play to the left or right, and would swap sides in an instant to further their personal causes. 

Best bet... think hard about re-electing anybody. 
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

John Raabe

None of us are as smart as all of us.

dug

If "news" was as it should be and reported only what candidates say and do, and there was absolutely no commentary on things such as debates, and no poll reports I believe we would end up with completely different front runners. As it is our choice is just an illusion that comes down to a pick between the lesser of two evils.

I think this clip is a great example of the might the media wields as far as what our choices come down to.

Windpower

Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

waggin

Quote from: dug on August 16, 2011, 08:43:31 AM
Anyone still believe the citizens of America actually pick their leader?

Corporate personhood?  Then, yes!

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. (Red Green)

rick91351

Quote from: waggin on August 17, 2011, 12:20:19 PM
Corporate personhood?  Then, yes!

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

HERE HERE!!! ONK ONK!!
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.