The SS can now arrest you for a felony for protest against government officials

Started by Windpower, February 27, 2013, 08:22:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windpower

HR 347 is now law

Secret Service can now decide where there are no free speech zones

[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/6Ligb1Qxg_I[/embed]
Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

Woodsrule

This comes as little surprise to me. Obama and his minions have been involved in these types of restrictions for years. We see it in "free speech zones", the attempt to resurrect "The Fairness Doctrine", the attempted abridgement of our Second Amendment rights, the villification of Tea Party patriots and now, this blatant attack of our First Amendment rights. So, if the president wants to give secret service protection to anyone, then that person is also insulated against those pesky protestors. Let's see if the mainstream media engages in a hue and cry against this and rallies together to attack the president's stance. I think not. Only those evil Fox News folks seem to be interested.

Squirl

I wrote an response to an editorial on when this law passed.  It is simply a way for paranoid individuals to get whipped up over their delusions.

The actual Bill he is commenting on.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112hr347enr/pdf/BILLS-112hr347enr.pdf

First, it was already the law before the government amended it.  It was enacted in Jan. 1971.  It is under CHAPTER 84 - PRESIDENTIAL AND PRESIDENTIAL STAFF ASSASSINATION, KIDNAPPING, AND ASSAULT section of the federal crimes statutes.

Before the amendment.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-2011-title18/pdf/USCODE-2011-title18-partI-chap84-sec1752.pdf

They only reorganized the law for a better definition of what is a restricted federal building or grounds. By adding a definition for 'restricted buildings or grounds', which the law did not have for the past 40 years, it took away some of the vagueness and actually restricted the laws scope, giving Americans greater protections.

It is only a felony if you commit the crime with a firearm or cause significant bodily harm to someone otherwise it is a misdemeanor. It always was in the original law and for the past 40 years.

So yes, if you charge into the hotel where the president is staying with a gun or harm one of harm one of the staff members with your protest, you are going to jail for a long time.

Why doesn't any actually read the law before commenting on it?

Squirl

Quote from: Woodsrule on February 27, 2013, 08:44:45 AM
This comes as little surprise to me. Obama and his minions have been involved in these types of restrictions for years. We see it in "free speech zones", the attempt to resurrect "The Fairness Doctrine", the attempted abridgement of our Second Amendment rights, the villification of Tea Party patriots and now, this blatant attack of our First Amendment rights. So, if the president wants to give secret service protection to anyone, then that person is also insulated against those pesky protestors. Let's see if the mainstream media engages in a hue and cry against this and rallies together to attack the president's stance. I think not. Only those evil Fox News folks seem to be interested.

Yeah, it is the great and powerful Oz Obama.  Oh wait.  It was already the law for over 40 years.  The bill was introduced, sponsored, and passed by a Republican house.  And it actually restricts the secret service.  Before they could call anyplace restricted, now only certain places are allowed to be restricted.  Yup, that great and powerful Obama.

Carla_M

Don't get your shorts in a knot boys (W & W)

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/restricted.asp

But then some people like to raise points with no real point.
The personal dietary habits of people kill more frequently than firearms. Eat healthy and carry a gun.

Woodsrule

Well, call me just a bit suspicious, but Obama and his cohort have a long history of attempting to stifle debate. Maybe I'm clinging to my guns and Bible, but I recall Black Panthers with clubs at polling places, drones killing American citizens, our government giving guns to drug runners in Mexico, the villification of Tea Party members, the attempt to resurrect the euphemistically entitled "Fairness Doctrine", engaging in scare tactics over the sequester, the present attempt to abridge our Second Amendment, foisting the largest tax increase in history upon our backs (Obamacare)   the attack of the Cambridge (acting stupidly) police officer, and on and on and on and on... So, I'm a bit suspicious whenever I hear anything about this dysfunctional White House. And, I believe that extending Secret Service protection to anyone that the president deems worthy is something new. Must be for his 500K donors - you know, those evil 1 percenters ;)

glenn kangiser

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.