Police tag cars with marijuanna Scent for later search, Collinsville IL

Started by Windpower, December 05, 2012, 09:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windpower

[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/rJqq6KCOkdM[/embed]

The city od Collinsvile want this video taken down. Wonder why ?

[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/D3vfqUkZ8xg[/embed]
Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

peternap

I've been away from that for a long time now, but it used to be common for experienced officers to carry a few seeds in an envelope.

If they wanted probable suspicion, they'd crush one and rub it on the trunk lip.
Old trick!
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Windpower

They have improved upon the old trick here Pete

Now they can sieze money and vehicles with impunity -- great revenue producer for the local governments

more here

http://freedominourtime.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2012-01-01T00:00:00-07:00&updated-max=2013-01-01T00:00:00-07:00&max-results=49
Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

NM_Shooter

The sad thing about stuff like this, is that it tarnishes the image of law enforcement in general.  I know a ton of law enforcement folks, and the overwhelming amount of them are very good folks. 

I am glad that guy in the video did not have anything planted on him.  I wonder how that would have went if he had just shut up from the beginning and said that he did not consent to anything, and wished to remain silent?
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

peternap

Quote from: NM_Shooter on December 07, 2012, 10:45:09 PM
  I wonder how that would have went if he had just shut up from the beginning and said that he did not consent to anything, and wished to remain silent?

I am confronted fairly often by LE while videoing. Since I'm famous for my response when asked what I'm doing and simply refuse to show ID (Which is fine in Va) My lawyer drew up a letter that I just hand them instead of what I usually say.

Works real well.
To Law Enforcement Officers:

I have been instructed by my attorney not to discuss the facts of any case with anyone other than my attorney unless and until I am given the opportunity to consult with and be advised by my attorney, and to have my attorney present for any statement to be given or interrogation to be conducted: I shall not answer any questions. This applies regardless of the nature or duration of the detention or arrest. I do not wish to evade or interfere with any legitimate investigation, nor does my refusal to answer represent any disrespect for you or your office.

My attorney has also instructed me never to consent to a warrantless search of my person or property, and has instructed me to tell you that there will be absolutely no waiver of the right to see and be served with a warrant in proper form prior to any such search.

My attorney has warned me, and I understand that, you may determine that this is a situation in which you feel you need to make an arrest; I understand that you may make such an arrest regardless of anything I may tell you. I have further been instructed to submit to your authority fully in the event you do elect to make an arrest. My submission, however, is for the purpose of avoiding unnecessary confrontation, and is neither a waiver of, or done with prejudice to, my rights under applicable civil and criminal laws.

I am represented by the attorney named below, and that am the client of this attorney for all issues related to the detention, search and seizure of me and my property. I ask that you contact my attorney promptly upon taking me into custody, before any search of my property, and before making any attempt to question me about the facts of any case. Unless you feel you have probable cause to place me into custody at this time, I respectfully request that you advise me that I am free to leave right now.

My name is: __________________________________________________ ____

My attorney's name is: ______________________________________________

My Attorney's telephone number is: __________________________
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!