Romney family buys voting machines

Started by Windpower, October 22, 2012, 07:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windpower

Quick, look surprised

"Tagg Romney, the son of Republican presidential candidate Mitt RomneyMitt Romney, has purchased electronic voting machines that will be used in the 2012 elections in Ohio, Texas, Oklahoma, Washington and Colorado.
"Late last month, Gerry Bello and Bob Fitrakis at FreePress.org broke the story of the Mitt Romney/Bain Capital investment team involved in H.I.G. Capital which, in July of 2011, completed a "strategic investment" to take over a fair share of the Austin-based e-voting machine company Hart Intercivic," according to independent journalist Brad Friedman.
But Friedman is not the only one to discover the connection between the Romney family, Bain Capital, and ownership of voting machines.
Truth out reports:
"Through a closely held equity fund called Solamere, Mitt Romney and his wife, son and brother are major investors in an investment firm called H.I.G. Capital. H.I.G. in turn holds a majority share and three out of five board members in Hart Intercivic, a company that owns the notoriously faulty electronic voting machines that will count the ballots in swing state Ohio November 7. Hart machines will also be used elsewhere in the United States.
In other words, a candidate for the presidency of the United States, and his brother, wife and son, have a straight-line financial interest in the voting machines that could decide this fall's election. These machines cannot be monitored by the public. But they will help decide who "owns" the White House."
Both The Nation and New York Times confirm the connection between the Romney family, Solamere and the Bain Capital investment in the voting machine company, Hart Intercivic, whose board of directors serve H.I.G. Capital."

more here

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/13221476-romney-family-buys-voting-machines-through-bain-capital-investment
Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

flyingvan

Since you are clearly against voter fraud, I hope you will join me in supporting voter ID laws to make sure people voting have a legal right to do so, and supporting legislation purging dead people and pets  from the electorate, and doing all we can to make certain our soldiers votes all count.  I hope you will cry out against illegal campaign contributions, and election funds from corporations that got huge bailouts and stimulus money.  I'm sure you can't in good conscience, support a candidate that accepts campaign donations ($2 million at last estimation) from foreign donors in clear violation of our election laws.
   We heard the exact same thing last election about McCain tampering with the Diebold electronic voting in Ohio.  Mike Moore was all over it.  Here's the thing---one would assume McCain would rig it in such a way that he'd win the state, not lose it.
    It's not the fraudulent vote that poses a threat to Democrats.  It's the legitimate one.
Find what you love and let it kill you.

Windpower

Are you refering to the classic Wally O'Dell quote at a Republican fund raiser that he is "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year." And guess what Ohio went to George W in 2004

Wally O'Dell you may remember was the head of Diebold that made the voting machines for Ohio 2004 election.

Let's just have a look at Mittens' top contributors including the great 'AMERICAN' bank Barclays
Oh look there's HIG Capital, too

(Did any of these institutions benefit from 'the bailout' ? )

Goldman Sachs  $965,140
Bank of America  $844,734
Morgan Stanley  $768,216
JPMorgan Chase & Co  $749,918
Credit Suisse Group  $588,841
Wells Fargo  $524,601
Deloitte LLP  $477,812
Kirkland & Ellis  $470,672
Citigroup Inc  $448,408
Barclays  $426,800
PricewaterhouseCoopers  $386,835
UBS AG  $363,160
HIG Capital  $362,500
Blackstone Group  $354,725
Elliott Management  $281,925
EMC Corp  $278,450
Bain Capital  $277,970
Rothman Institute  $263,700
Ernst & Young  $254,875
General Electric  $247,270

For the record the corporate corruption (and the 'Citizens United' Supremes decision) of the electoral process is a major problem -- as I have maintained in many posts here....

Voter ID     YES

Foreign contibutions of course not -- it is  a felony for crying out loud (aren't felons disqualified from running for president -- seems like there's something about that in the Constitution)

[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/0ykRsn9HEQA[/embed]

Windpower

OMG !
:o

a Brit gave Obama  not one but TWO  $5 donations

I can't type anymore I am just distraught over this 

NM_Shooter

From that article :

"In September, Obama's campaign took in more than $2 million from donors who provided no ZIP code or incomplete ZIP codes, according to data posted on the Federal Election Commission Web site.

The Obama campaign said the FEC data was the result of "a minor technical error."

<snip>

Obama's re-election campaign took in $130,867 from donors who provided no ZIP codes and $2 million from those with incomplete ZIPs in September.

That same month, Romney's campaign recorded $2,450 from donors without ZIP codes and $2,500 from those with incomplete ZIPs.
"

Just like the last election cycle.  Millions and millions pouring in from illegal sources. 

Minor technical error.  I could use some of those myself. 

And then they asked the Brit for more.  But not too much... just enough to stay under the reporting level :

"But not only did Walker's Obama donations go through, but he said he began receiving two to three e-mail solicitations a day to give more. The e-mails asked for $188 or more.

If Walker gave $188, his total contribution to Obama would be $198 — less than the $200 threshold at which campaigns have to identify the donor to the FEC.

"I have not had any e-mails asking for proof of identity," Walker said."
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

Windpower

2 million with INCOMPLETE OR NO ZIP CODES

That is not proof that they were illegal

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44011308/ns/politics-decision_2012/t/firm-gives-million-pro-romney-group-then-dissolves/

Firm gives $1 million to pro-Romney group, then dissolves

Records offer no clues who was behind mystery company that donated to 'super PAC'

"I don't see how you can do this," said Lawrence Noble, the former general counsel of the Federal Election Commission, when asked about the contribution from the now defunct company.

If the only purpose of W Spann's formation was to contribute to the pro-Romney group, "There is a real issue of it being just a subterfuge" and that could raise a "serious" legal issue, Noble said. Even if that is not the case, he added, "What you have here is a roadmap for how people can hide their identities" when making political contributions.

Casey, the Boston lawyer, did not respond to requests for comment. Tim Larimer, a spokesman for her law firm, Ropes & Gray, said he couldn't discuss who was behind W Spann LLC or any other matters relating to the campaign contribution. "The firm won't be making any comment on this matter at this time," he said in an email.

NM_Shooter

Nope, but it sure smells fishy huh?  Tons and tons of anonymous online donors, just like in 2008, with hardly anybody breaking the $200 mark.  I bet they washed millions. 

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Obama-fundraising-illegal/2008/09/29/id/325630

""Contributions that come under $200 aggregated per person are not listed," said Bob Biersack, a spokesman for the FEC. "They don't appear anywhere, so there's no way of knowing who they are."

The FEC breakdown of the Obama campaign has identified a staggering $222.7 million as coming from contributions of $200 or less. Only $39.6 million of that amount comes from donors the Obama campaign has identified."

Dang.  How convenient. 

And BTW, you realize that the anonymous donor has come forward?  One of Mitt's old Bain buddies.  He wrongly thought it best to be anonymous. 

Your point is moot in an argument about questionable funds, when Obama is king of that practice.

glenn kangiser

They are all members of the club that only allows two choices which the elite will be OK with either way... but I read the article about Romney owning a large stock in the vote count machine company earlier today too.

I was not even surprised.. just shrugged and thought ... typical.

Osama is pretty convinced that he is a shoe in.  I just look at the debates as charades to make people think there was some kind of genuine contest between the two choices they are allowed to pick from...

Like.... what do you want for lunch .... sh-t sandwich or manure sandwich?
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

NM_Shooter

NM_Shooter

Native_NM

I just bought a company that supplies #2 pencils.  I've programmed them to only allow votes for Romney or Johnson.  Don't be surprised if you try and vote for Obama and find yourself filling in the other bubble.
New Mexico.  Better than regular Mexico.

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

NM_Shooter

I'd like to order 100Million pencils please.  I'll need them drop shipped and in place in 6 days.

mfsangel

I am guessing I am not the only Ron Paul supporter on here then?

:-)

Windpower

yes, a pencil to write in Ron Paul is all we need

archimedes

Give me a place to stand and a lever long enough,  and I will move the world.

Native_NM

New Mexico.  Better than regular Mexico.