What's for dinner?

Started by Homegrown Tomatoes, October 17, 2007, 04:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

Save your time and effort and leave him to his own devices?  ???   He seems to do that anyhow.   ;D ;D   
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

I can't help it.... I'm _____________________ (insert correct excuse.... )

leftover challenged... 

I'm Lithuanian...

I'm a man....

Scared of unknown things in bowls in the refrigerator...

[waiting]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Sassy

Quote from: MountainDon on April 18, 2009, 12:31:03 PM
Save your time and effort and leave him to his own devices?  ???   He seems to do that anyhow.   ;D ;D   

You are sooooo right, Don  d*
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

glenn kangiser

Now you went and got me in trouble, Don.... :(

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

MountainDon

You were already in trouble Glenn,  ;D ;D
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

MountainDon

Rotisserie chicken soup.

One of the local grocers had a special on rotisserie chickens. For some reason I thought one would make a good soup. In the works at present, we'll see later.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Sounds good, Don.  When we have baked chicken, I always make soup of the leftovers and it turns out really good.   
I think we may have something super simple tonight...something like egg drop soup or something.  Not feeling too great this afternoon... like I'm about to come down with something hard, even though I am not coughing or anything at the moment.  Just kind of puny and want to go to sleep even though there are still a few hours of daylight left.

Flutterby

Grilled apple-chicken sausages, mashed tatoes, and fried asparagus in beer-batter!!! It was YUM-E!  [hungry] No leftover asparagus in this house...  ;D

Homegrown Tomatoes

Fried asparagus?  Never tried it fried, but how can you go wrong?  I bet it was good.  (Fried pickles, peaches and tomatoes, yes, but never occurred to me to fry asparagus.)

I don't know what to cook for supper tonight.  Nothing tastes good, so thus my usual desire to cook is kind of waning.  We have some leftover ham and maybe a salad.  We need to eat up the rest of the spinach before it bolts.  Some of it is already going to seed.  DD is hollering for devilled eggs.  She likes them with green onions, pickles, and bacon.  It's weird... she didn't like them for a long time and suddenly she just can't get enough of them. 

MushCreek

What's everybody cooking for the Memorial Day weekend? Grillin', I hope. Saturday was shish kabobs and tabuleh. Last night was ribs and onion pie. Tonight is plain ol' cheeseburgers. I take two thin patties, put a big chunk of cheese inside, seal it up, and grille. Then more cheese on top. BTW- the onion pie was the best I ever had. It was also the first.... nice sweet Vidalia onions- yum!
Jay

I'm not poor- I'm financially underpowered.

Sassy

hmmm, onion pie...  you'll have to post a recipe - sounds interesting...  Glenn is working out of town today so won't get home 'til late.

Hope everyone has a special Memorial Day - thanks to all the veterans...  very sobering, when you think of all the wars, all the wounded & dead...  wish the politicians would go to war & see what it's all about - maybe there wouldn't be so many...
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

Homegrown Tomatoes

Lunch was just sandwiches and half a watermelon... we all look like we swallowed whole watermelons. :P  But it was a really good, juicy and sweet one.

Supper is going to be grilled tilapia with cilantro and lime, corn on the cob, and tabouleh.   Have to have something light as we've eaten way too much junk lately.  Oh, but Braums has an icecream that is hard to find right now, but has to be one of the best flavors ever.  It is white chocolate raspberry cheesecake, and it also has chunks of dark chocolate in it.  It is some seriously good stuff!

MushCreek

I almost forgot- I made a terzetto this weekend, too. Shortbread crust, a layer of cashew butter fudge, and a layer of semisweet chocolate. I sprinkled a teeny bit of sea salt on top to temper the sweetness. Should be illegal  d*
Jay

I'm not poor- I'm financially underpowered.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Tonight was our favorite Mexican restaurant, since we had to go to the city for something else anyway.  Boy, I've missed their salsa since we've moved out of town.
Last night, we had ham, cheese, and egg casserole, raw veggies, and johnny cakes made with blue cornmeal and doused with sorghum. [hungry]  My daughter got up this morning and reheated the johnny cakes and had them again for breakfast. 

Homegrown Tomatoes

Stir-fry chicken with snowpeas and onions from the garden.  Watermelon for dessert.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Grilled turkey drumsticks, salad, and watermelon tonight!

Redoverfarm

A quiet dinner at home.  Grilled rib eye steaks, steamed shrimp, baked potato, tossed salad and White Zinfandel wine.  The children are away this week ( 1 @ 4H camp & 1@ grand ma's).  Might even get to enjoy the hot tub after the sun sets.  Boy it's quiet here now.  Somehow I like the noise.

muldoon

Quote from: Redoverfarm on June 09, 2009, 06:20:15 PM
A quiet dinner at home.  Grilled rib eye steaks, steamed shrimp, baked potato, tossed salad and White Zinfandel wine.  The children are away this week ( 1 @ 4H camp & 1@ grand ma's).  Might even get to enjoy the hot tub after the sun sets.  Boy it's quiet here now.  Somehow I like the noise.

now that sounds fine. 

do you have a process or procedure you routinely follow for steaks?   what do you use to rub/marinade ?

Redoverfarm

No Muldoon I usually just sprinkle "meat tenderizer" on them when I grill.  Of course they usually don't stay on that long (rare).  They even stay on the plate a shorter time period. ;D

Homegrown Tomatoes

Too hot to eat.  Supper was cold shrimp and cocktail sauce followed by a scoop of Braum's white chocolate raspberry cheesecake icecream.

glenn kangiser

Mormon Potatoes (Potato Pearls- 2 minutes - I can handle it ) with butter and salt.  Now you made me eat ice cream, Homey.  It will be mint and chocolate chip ( prep time - 30 seconds). :)

Homegrown Tomatoes

Power of suggestion is mighty strong, ain't it, Glenn?

glenn kangiser

There you did it again --- more Ice Cream... [waiting]

Homegrown Tomatoes

Sent DH by Braum's to pick up milk, and he got another bucket of raspberry white chocolate cheesecake... I think he's got a new favorite.  Didn't think he'd ever like anything more than butter pecan.  For me, it is a tie.  I love both, but think butter pecan tastes better in winter, and the other is better in summer.  I also LOVE the cappucino chunky chocolate, but can't eat it in the evening or I'll be up all night from the caffeine.  I feel sorry for all of you who don't live in the states with Braum's.  Beats Bluebell or any other brand hands down.

Don_P

Blueberries are starting to come in so weve been suffering through bowls of blueberry sorbet trying to clean out last years from the freezer, its tough but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I spent lunch yesterday in the black heart cherry tree where I was working, filled me and the lunchbox, got about 3 gallons and you couldn't even tell I'd been up there, it was loaded. I went for the record at one point, got 37 in my hands before slowing down to go for the box. She's been working on a pie today  :).