403 FORBIDDEN

Started by StinkerBell, January 20, 2009, 03:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkerBell

I have been getting this message a lot today when refreshing here on this site.

QuoteForbidden

You don't have permission to access /smf/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at countryplans.com Port 80

You trying to block me glenn? heh

firefox

Nah, he wouldn't do that!  Actually I got one of those today too, so there probably
was some kind of problem. I'm not getting it now, so I figured he is on top of it.
Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

StinkerBell

I don't think glenn is that mean. I just think they might be having a server issue. (it was my way of hinting).

MountainDon

What were yoi doing just before that message came up? That could assist in getting the issue resolved.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

StinkerBell

Just refreshing the screen cause of time lapse. If it happened once or twice I wouldn't have mentioned it, but it was at least six times within an hour period. I was thinking at firs it was my end, but no issues refreshing on other sites at the same time. I know sometimes we have to reset on server...Blue moon event, but it has happened.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Had the same thing happen to me the other day when I was trying to access the gallery pictures.

StinkerBell

Maybe SMF has a patch for you to update?

But it happened again when I try to post this message.

MountainDon

I've not had the occurrence, and I spend too much time here.   ??? ???

We'll blame Glenn and have him look into that.    ;D

No later version of SMF than what we have.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

Yup - I don't see any updates.

I wouldn't block you even if you disagreed with me, Stink.  I wouldn't feel right if I abused my power. [waiting]

John would have to check server issues... I am just a lowly servant....  d*
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

StinkerBell

Dunno then, maybe the WWW was just to busy yesterday.