I now have walls (More progress)

Started by Jimmy_Cason, November 27, 2005, 11:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn kangiser

Each person with a project could start a subject heading such as -Smith 20x30 2 Story-  Yahoo or other photos and updated photos could be added or linked as desired.  The 20x30 should be easy to find with a search.  It could be their own gallery area available to all.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Jens

If you are going to be living in it while you finish it, and are at a point in your lives to do so, I suggest cutting strings.  From personal experience, I can tell you that it is hard enough to do this kind of thing with an empty house, let alone one with stuff all over the place.  Putting stuff in storage is another option.  Just please be cardful of the old, "I'll get to it later", that kind of thing has led more than one house to never be finished.  A friend of mine doesn't have quarter round down in his house.  It has been 2 years!  its a really cool, finished house, except for the quarter round, which is cut, primed, and sitting in the garage!  I'll get to it later...it is a very easy thing to say, not always so easy to do.  Looking great BTW, keep it up.  Hopefully you and your family are having a good time too:)
just spent a few days building a website, and didn't know that it could be so physically taxing to sit and do nothing all day!

Jimmy C.

When we started this project we sold our house, moved into an apartment, and put most of our things in storage. By doing this we have saved several hundred dollars each month.
That money has gone towards the building fund.

Thanks for the advice about working around all my stuff. I have not thought about that.
Maybe I now I  will plan on finishing one room at a time and bring the stuff out of storage as it is completed. That will be my motivation! ;D

The hardest part is getting past the mental blocks about what you are capable of doing.
Cason 2-Story Project MY PROGRESS PHOTOS

John Raabe

Jimmy: Thanks for reminding us about the mental block being the big one.

It is amazing to me that once we decide to actually do a thing (like build a house) the means and help to do it will often show up.

Someone once called it "Cheerful expectancy"  :)
None of us are as smart as all of us.