vojacek's new pic

Started by vojacek, May 19, 2005, 05:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vojacek

thought you'd like to see this jimmy (and everyone else :).) so far no problems, except not enough time in a day off. just trying to beat the hurricane season.... we'll keep the updates comin.  monica

Daddymem

Holy Moly!  I cut and pasted that link and there was a half nekid chick dancing for me :o

Here's your link:

Looking great!

vojacek

i swear it looked right when i previewed it. sorry about the naked chick, i promise it's not me. thanks for fixing it.  monica

Daddymem

No problem, you picture probably pulled up because it was in your browser cache from looking at it.  And i didn't mind the nekid chick at all :P What state are you in? We are bracing for a possible tough hurricane season too.

Jimmy_Cason

Excellent!! Please post pics from different views!

70boss

Thanks for the upadate.  It is really nice to see someone make progress!!

More Pics!!

glenn-k

Help----- daddymem, how did you do that - cut and paste the link above - what am I doing wrong- ???

Oh - excuse me -- hi, Monica -- The place is really looking great. ;D

Daddymem

QuoteHelp----- daddymem, how did you do that - cut and paste the link above - what am I doing wrong- ???

Oh - excuse me -- hi, Monica -- The place is really looking great. ;D

She only dances for me!!!!

I accidently cut and pasted this: http://tinypic.com/view.html?pic=59xaog" alt="" border="0" which appears to be broken now since tinypic is down. Now that tinypic is back up I see that that link brings you to a random picture...I guess I just got lucky with the dancing girl.... 8)

vojacek

hey daddymem, we're in texas. 20miles from galveston.  yesterday i posted no problems, today the stairs were tricky.  :P  

Daddymem

Well, get lots of practice....you can swing by Jimmy's place to finish his up then drive on up with him to build mine. Clambake is on me! ;D

vojacek

where are you guys? and what is clambake? ???

Daddymem

We are in Cape Cod, Massachusetts.  A clambake....mmmmm
First a large hole is dug.  Then a fire is lit in the hole with a pile of large rocks in the middle, this is tended to until the rocks "speak" and the embers glow. (the rocks begin to crack when hot enough) Then seaweed is piled on top of the rocks and alternated in layers of seaweed and wooden boxes full of food until a large mound is made.  The mound is then covered with wet canvas tarps and the edges are sealed down against the ground with more rocks.  All that food in there begins to bake and all the flavors mingle to create the best tastes ever.  The normal clambake includes: sausage, white potato, yam, hot dog, linguica, onions, codfish, clams, lobstah, and cawn on the cob.  Of course while the bake is baking vast quantities of beah and clam chowdah are consumed.  And afterwards more beah and wadamelon is served.  

http://www.riclambake.com/clambakes.html

mmmmmm come on summer!

Jimmy_Cason

Quotewhere are you guys? and what is clambake? ???

It is the Cap Cod equivalent of A Texas B-B-Q!

When I lived in Port Arthur, Texas we ate at a few "CRAB BOIL/ FISH FRY" events that sounds kind of like what he is describing.

Mmmmm.. Clam Bake, Fish Fry, B-B-Q...

Daddymem..
What kind of "beah" do you guys drink up there?

Daddymem

Crab is good, but the only crab close to the taste of a nice cold water lobstah is the dungeness of the northwest...close but not as sweet.  You can't get that rockweed taste when you boil either, save that for the cawn.  Man, now I miss the cawn boils down in Nova Scotia.  

The most popular beah here is sammy (Sam Adams).  My favorite is water and hops with any ol' label on it  ;D
Guiness or Labatt's Blue would be my order at a bar.  I wouldn't mind a tall cold Alaska Pale Ale right now though (2 hours to quitting time!  :) ).

Ya'll could bring up some of that fine texas bbq if you want.

Daddymem

This has got to be the best thread ever.  We have pictures of a great house being built, half nekid dancing girls, clam bakes, corn boils, texas bbq, beer, and Glenn...this has to be a party! The boss must be away or something.  ;)

Jimmy_Cason

Down here in Texas The drink of choice is Dr. Pepper!   As Far as Beer, it is Coors light, Budweiser, and what ever is "On Sale!"

Hey, what happened to tinypic.com?

Daddymem

Couple of generous slugs of SoCo in that Dr Pepper and I'm with ya.  You can never go wrong with the Silver Bullet or the King.  
Tinypic has been up and down all day. ???

Jimmy_Cason

Jimmy_Cason

Wiat a minute.. I think I know..
Southern Comfort?

Daddymem

vojacek

HELLO.... shiner bock anyone? there's also some Celis that can really get ya going, but today, out in this texas sun it's gatorade for us!!!

Daddymem

Send some sun this way please!  We'll be having our 5th straight weekend of raininess....and another possible nor'easter  :-/

glenn-k

We're scheduled for 87 to 96 through next Friday, Daddymem.  Want some. ??? The party thing sounds great. This may not be my absolute favorite beer, but I have to drink a few once in a while just because.

http://www.arrogantbastard.com/

I believe the name was coined by my ex-wife. ;D

spinnm

Southern Comfort and Dr. Pepper?

You're making that up, aren't you? :P

Daddymem

QuoteSouthern Comfort and Dr. Pepper? You're making that up, aren't you? :P

Nope, it's good stuff.  Mr Pibbs is a good substitute if you have that.  http://www.webtender.com/db/drink/1811

And no, this isn't a Northeast thing, I picked it up in the military in Georgia.