New Portable Sound System

Started by MountainDon, March 22, 2016, 05:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

I finally got my ducks all in a row and bought a new state of the art sound system. I'd been procrastinating for some time. Ninety six channels. Bluetooth ready. Very compact size. The speakers fit right in my ear.  :o  Yes, hearing aids.   ;)   I've had them a couple of weeks now and love them.  I had forgotten how noisy the world actually is. But best of all I can understand the other side of a conversation like one should be able to once again. And hear people talk to me on the phone. 

The bluetooth part is cool... the sound is piped directly to the earpieces. An accessory device is required. Apple makes a "streamer" for use with it's i-products. Many theaters have the technology to connect to the earpieces too.

So if you are young take a hint; use ear sound protection when running machinery in the shop, shooting, and above all, keep the volume on your earbuds / headsets turned down. I failed on all those many many years ago when I was invincible.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

rick91351

Okay Don what did you get? I am in the market as well as Mrs Russell.  I wore them about ten years ago and had a real love hate relationship. Decided I hated them more than loved them.  Now it sure would be nice to hear what people are saying and I am nodding yes about.   ;)
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

MountainDon

It's a Liberty hearing aid, available through most Sam's Clubs.  $4K+      I had tests done at a couple other hearing aid shops and thought the lady at Sam's performed the most thorough hearing test and analysis. So I figured I'd give them a try. 90 day money back guarantee as long as all their hoops are jumped through. It is not a perfect replacement for hearing that has been lost but sure beats not hearing so much. The big test will be tomorrow when I have some 2x's I will be ripping and some belt sander work to do.  I hope my ear muffs slip over comfortably and do not generate any feedback.   I am very happy though!

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

rick91351

Actually from what I read Costco and Sam's Clubs are really the most fair and thorough.  Costco here locally, well nothing is here local.  ;) Costco I think is the direction I am going rather than the 'hearing labs'.  We did have a Sam's for a short while but for some reason they boarded up their store.

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

MountainDon

I've now had these a month or so. I am thrilled with them!  Because my hearing deteriorated so slowly over many years it was not so obvious as to what I was missing.  I knew I had trouble, but the magnitude was not obvious. I now find that when I remove them to have a shower I can't wait to reinsert them. Without them all sounds are dull, muffled. I love to hear all the environmental sounds around me. I don't mind answering the phone now. I can't say too many good things about having aids. This is not the same as having good natural hearing, but that does not really matter. The equalizing has been fine tuned to bring the frequencies that were most deficient up to levels I can discern. Much better than just turning up the TV volume for example. If you or loved ones have hearing problems go get tested and fitted. There are usually money back guarantees. It's well worth the effort to get adjusted to them.