Nice ride through the Jemez today...

Started by NM_Shooter, May 17, 2009, 07:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM_Shooter

My daughter and I took a ride through the Jemez mountains today.  We went up through the Gilman tunnels, then up 376, then past Fenton lake and finally turner around by the fish hatchery.  68 miles of dirt and some paved... a really nice day.

By the tunnels there is a nice turn off to view the waterfall:

This was up by Fenton Lake.  Both bikes ran great.

"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

Redoverfarm

Frank it looks like she enjoyed the bike you got and probably the day as well.

peternap

I want to know how a Grizzle old goat like you had such a pretty daughter! ::)

Looks like you had fun Frank!
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

NM_Shooter

Hey!  Who you calling a Cabrone?  Her mom had a lot to do with her looks.  Melissa cleans up nice too, and has very good clarity of thought... very level headed even as a little kid. 

One of my favorite stories was when she was 4, a neighbor bought a crate of cantaloupes from a roadside stand that were slightly over-ripe.  The neighbor walked around our street handing them out, and we ate one with dinner.  To be truthful, it was a bit funky tasting.  Melissa asked why miss Cathy was giving out cantaloupes, so I told her : "Because she got a good deal on them".  She put down her fork and looked confused and asked...

"How do you get a good deal on a bad cantaloupe?"

Anyway, she is good to hang out with as she notices stuff from angles I normally wouldn't.

One of these days we'll ride up FR10 and then go visit Don at his cabin to see the progress.
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

MountainDon

Yep, you should do that.  :D  You missed all the excitement this weekend; flames, smoke, fire trucks, all that stuff.  :o  More on that to come in the 15.75 x 30 owner/builder topic of mine.

http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.msg90904#msg90904
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.