Hows the weather?

Started by astidham, September 28, 2010, 01:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sassy

Its 78 here right now @ the U cabin @ 3pm - feels good after last week in the 90's.  Don't like the shorter days tho...
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

Squirl

Frost warning.  Cold snap from Canada.

gandalfthegrey

Quote from: gandalfthegrey on September 16, 2011, 11:41:09 AM
Finally...two days of marine layer.  Nice and cool ..  upper 40s last night. 50s this morning. c*

if there is one thing I can rely on it is the weather man does not know what is going on.  Predicted morning fog and cooling ( on NBC) and hot and sunny on (ABC).

High pressure system over Las Vegas is bringing OFF SHORE flow that means close to triple digit highs again as winds blow from high desert to ocean.  High today mid to upper 90s.
Bad Wolf

OlJarhead

We actually got a day or two of hot weather and then it's gone back to cool again...fall is here a bit early and my garden isn't happy with the cool weather...but I'm lovin' it!

This winter might be a tad cool though...guess we'll see.

MountainDon

Rain, both here at home and in the mountains. Friday's mountain forecast is for a chance of snow and a low of 27F

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Redoverfarm

It's starting to warm back up again after the little canadian cold air blast.  But it did'nt leave before it dropped 9" of snow in the northenr end of the county (Snowshoe & Cass).  Just had flurries on Saturday at the house.

Gary O

Please
Try the Pacific North Wet......
In the Well-I'm-wet Valley we get 11.9 months of fall, or what we have come to call Falsuminter.

Friends visiting for a week from out of town (during the two days of summer);

"It's so green here! How lovely....is that moss?"
"No, it's my lawn"

"What a lovely patina on your deck furniture"
Oh, forgot to wipe off the mold.....do you have a change of clothes?"

Two days later
"S-o-o-o-o how long does it take to water your lawn?"
"I'm not, summer's over."

"Well then explain those freckles."
"Rust spots"

"So that explains the lines at the tanning booths..."
"Sorta, we just go there to remember what bright looks like"

"Hey pard, what's that in my MaiTai, an olive?"
"OOOH, Hal, That's not your drink, it's our pet slug's living quarters, and, as I was about to show you, that's my tie....watch him climb it.......Heyyyy, where'd his slime water go?"
Honey, do we have any more of that triple sec lemon slime mix?
....and a bar towel for Hal's little mess he made.....and some alka seltzer....

"When can we leave?"
"GreyArk arrives at noon, daily"

Pacific North Wet forecast:

Tues: Rain, stare out window

Wed: Showers, mad dash out to get mail, forget to unlock door, stare in window

Thurs: Rain (huh, imagine that) don wet suit, get mail, wave at neighbor with webbed hand, neighbor shows you his one finger webbed flipper trick

Fri: Drizzle all day, sunburst right after work, wash car, reserve tee time

Sat: Gully washer then drizzle to showers (Mothernature: HA HA HA HA HA)
Settle for slug fest with neighbor (racing trained pet slugs)

Sun: Pray for rain to go away, frogs/locust appear

Mon: There's a sun rise, and you can see it (Mothernature: HA HA HA HA HA)
Sunny all day......at work (stare out window)

Extended forecast:
Rinse, repeat
I'm enjoying all that I own, the moment.

"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air." Emerson

NM_Shooter

Terrible.... rain predicted for the next 4 days.  That means snow on my ranch, and I need to get in and out.  I may have to resort to just taking the RZR and leaving the truck by the road. 
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

rick91351

Here in Southwestern Idaho and Eastern Oregon high deserts the annual summer drought is braking we received rain.  Hard for us to natives to understand so I can imagine what others think when they move here and experience rain, snow, sleet in great abundance then suddenly one day it all goes away.  Then you never see it again for months not hardly a shower let alone a cloud.  Then it appears sort of God sent one fall day.  A few wispy clouds then by noon the next day the sun disappears and we have moisture.  This has been one very dry summer for being so wet in the spring.  Temps were mild here I think we never really went triple digits in Aug when we reach out and touch hot.  Now temps are falling and the cows and horses are starting to put on their winter hair.  Snow levels I read are to be down to 7000'.  Time to collect fire wood now that the fire danger is starting to come down.   
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

OlJarhead

The weather appears to be more like that of the 'dust bowl' era but I haven't researched it to know for sure...

For us we had a couple hot days (yes just a couple) otherwise it's been VERY cool....like spring went into fall and skipped summer practically!  the garden wasn't happy either.

Redoverfarm

Old Man Winter is knocking on my door.  Second morning in a row that we have had a heavy frost. 27F this morning.  :(

ChuckinVa

Frost here this morning. first of the year.
ChuckinVa
Authentic Appalachian American

Sassy

Weather says 84 - but it's been staying in the high 70's - beautiful Fall   :)  We had over 3 inches of rain a couple weeks ago so everything is greening up very nicely.  In fact, the whole summer was beautiful - maybe had one 100 degree day, otherwise it was low 80's to low 90's.  Unusual for around here when sometimes we have 100+ for 2 months in a row  :o 

The leaves on the maples & another tree (don't know name) are turning red, the cottonwoods are yellow - very pretty.

Gary O

I'm enjoying all that I own, the moment.

"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air." Emerson

peternap

We have a heat wave going this week. Mid 60's.
It's my fault for buying that new stove :-\
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

considerations

"Rain gear" rain, several inches during last 3 days, more coming.  One small wind storm 30-60 mph gusts, another one coming Thanksgiving day. Several inches more rain during the next several days. The solar motion detector triggered battery backed up lights around the place are not getting enough light to keep the batteries charged, so carrying a lantern around has become helpful. Temps vary between high 30's low 40's at night and low 40's to high 40's during daylight. 

Sassy

considerations, that's why I moved out of Puget Sound...  too much rain!  The area was beautiful, but needed a little more sunlight.  Visited Leavenworth, WA last year - never made it that far east in the 12 yrs I lived in WA, but I could live there...   :)

rick91351

Quote from: Sassy on November 23, 2011, 08:55:39 PM
considerations, that's why I moved out of Puget Sound...  too much rain!  The area was beautiful, but needed a little more sunlight.  Visited Leavenworth, WA last year - never made it that far east in the 12 yrs I lived in WA, but I could live there...   :)

I agree with you 100%.  I love Seattle and the Puget Sound area with a strange passion but never could I live up there.  I love to visit up there even when the rains settle in.   c*  But just visit.....  no wonder coffee is so popular up there.....  and great fresh seafood......  It is a world almost to its self like none other.   
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

astidham

Today in Oklahoma was 42 degrees, tomorrow will be 57 and rainy.....
it waited all week to rain on the weekend.....
"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice"
— Henry Ford

MountainDon

The weather here is iffy enough for the drive to our mountain property we decided to sit home this weekend.

Tonight: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 18. Southwest wind between 5 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 26. West wind between 5 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Saturday Night: Snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14. West wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Sunday: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph.

Sunday Night: A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. South wind 5 to 15 mph becoming east.

Monday: A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 16.

Monday Night: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

kenhill

After a near record November snowfall and much lower than normal temps (near 0F), we expect rain and mid 40's.  Yuk...

rick91351

We can not seem to attract a decent storm up this way in Idaho.  It is cold and windy.  At 5000 ft where the ranch is there is a little snow in the shadows.  Lows in the low teens and highs in the low thirties.  This has caused a warning that certain areas can expect wind chills to be well below zero. 

considerations

"considerations, that's why I moved out of Puget Sound...  too much rain!"

LOL Sassy! 

Rain is a big part of the reason I love it here.  I don't think I'd like to live any further west, like in the Rainforest Proper, but these woods are lush and rich from all the water, infinite shades of green, earthy smells, and a cozy cabin with a big window on it all and a warm fire.  Fresh clam chowder, sourdough bread, and a bottle of wine....

OK, tromping through mud to fill bird feeders, water running down my face as I'm trying to drive nails, excessive "tarpage" tending to keep that dry  firewood dry, salmon on the highway as the creeks flood (really hate that), winds making 100'+ firs and cedars wave like wheat fields in a breeze, dead short in the electric fence (only when its raining), cats trying to dissect small creatures on my kitchen floor because "its too wet to do it outside".   

Funny thing, all of the above can happen in a single day.   

I guess I've been in the NW so long that I've become a real "weenie" in the heat.  Take it over 75F and I'm making popsicles and calling "union breaks" every 1/2 hour in the shade.

MountainDon

Hmmm. Yes I think I'm glad we never bothered with trying to drive to our cabin this weekend.  The highway is snowpacked and icy today. It has snowed up there but I can't tell how much as the precipitation collector does not have a heater to melt the snow. The forecast for today and tomorrow at out location is....

This Afternoon: A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 25. West wind around 10 mph.

Tonight: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 10. West wind around 5 mph becoming east. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Monday: Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 13. Wind chill values as low as -5. East wind between 5 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

MountainDon

Snow day here in the high desert today. Roads are snowpacked and icy and it looks like we're going to stay below freezing (20 F right now) all day. Got to find the snow shovel in the shed or garage. Why didn't I think of that yesterday?   ???