You've gotta see this

Started by zion-diy, February 01, 2010, 10:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zion-diy

Just a 50-ish chic an a gimp,building thier own house,no plans,just--work,work,work,what a pair :}

RainDog

The guy ain't much to look at, but he sure knows how to party.

Seriously, though, scholars generally agree that both psychological and biological factors play a role in causing disorders like this, although they differ in their degree of emphasis upon either type of factor. I'm sure there are psychiatric medicines that could help.

:)
NE OK

NM_Shooter

"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

poppy

WOW, thanks for the link Don.  That's like reliving my teenage years.  [cool]

LeoinSA

I owned that '53 Chevy coupe when I was 17!  Childhood memories flood back. 

Gotta say tho... those fins were ugly then and they still are.  Classic Detroit iron.

diyfrank

I will take ugly any day. Love those cars.
Home is where you make it

glenn kangiser

I owned or drove quite a few of them too.  51 chevy 56 merc 58 ford 61 merc
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Redoverfarm

Probably still have them sitting around collecting that great petina I bet.  ;D

glenn kangiser

Wish I still had them, but still have a few others.  The 1919 and 1926 Dodges, a basket case 49 Plymouth?  some '40s trucks - Union Oil with the big block letters on the sides- not restored -

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

zion-diy

Yeah, I wish I still had some of our old hotrods. but you had to give up one to get another. least in my life it worked that way. :)
got a link to some of our cars. been scanning all the pics I can find.

https://s991.photobucket.com/albums/af36/zion-dyi/Als%20race%20cars/Our%20hotrods/
Just a 50-ish chic an a gimp,building thier own house,no plans,just--work,work,work,what a pair :}

MountainDon

zion-diy,  I did some browsing in the photos. I bet you miss more than just a few of those.

Is that a 35 or 40 ft buffalo?
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

zion-diy

Quote from: MountainDon on February 02, 2010, 04:41:45 PM
zion-diy,  I did some browsing in the photos. I bet you miss more than just a few of those.

Is that a 35 or 40 ft buffalo?
[/quote

40 ft buffalo. sweet bus.... and yes, there are a bunch of them cars I'd love to have a do-over with d*

gandalfthegrey

Quote from: glenn kangiser on February 02, 2010, 12:32:05 AM
Wish I still had them, but still have a few others.  The 1919 and 1926 Dodges, a basket case 49 Plymouth?  some '40s trucks - Union Oil with the big block letters on the sides- not restored -

49 Plymouth was my first car.  I got in Barstow from a man who's son was in Vietnam in 1966.  Loved that car.
Bad Wolf

glenn kangiser

My granddad had a 49 or 50 I think - I think my cousin got it.  I had a 41 Lincoln Zephyr but traded it to the guy with the Plymouth as it was quite a basket case.

Sonoran

This is amazing. I thought it was real. I was looking at the first picture and I thought, something feels weird, but I still thought it was real! I didn't know it was models until I read the title up top.
Individuality: You are all unique, just like everybody else.

John Raabe

Those models are amazing. With the new techniques of filming movies (see Avatar!) those could easily be period stage sets.

Thanks for the memories (50's but not the 30's!).
None of us are as smart as all of us.