3D Home Architect ver.3

Started by ki4hpz, August 13, 2006, 07:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ki4hpz

Where is the maual that come with the software?  Not the tutorial on here but the real manual when it wa first released in pdf or orther know format...thanks

MIEDRN

Did you try ebay? There are companies that only sell manuals there. It would be worth a try.

jraabe

The full manual is no longer in print. I have a copy and also the QuickStart Guide that come with it.

I am going to take a chance here (any lawyers in the group who have advice - check out the notice at the end - do you think I will go to jail?  :-/)

This is the 6 page QuickStart Guide to 3D Home Architect ver 3. It is a 2 meg PDF file so right click on the link and save as to your own computer.

Note: (8-13, 8pm) I just redid the pdf file and it has better resolution in the same file size. Download it again if loaded it earlier and the sharpness isn't what you hoped

ki4hpz

That is great, i order the manual from e-bay for .45 cents...A total of $4 a some change to ship it...

glenn-k

I think it must be fair use, eh? John.  Besides its an abandoned product -- If they want to make money from it all they have to do is re-publish it.

deertracks

Wow... a manual! I think I might try building a roof again. Maybe this time it won't look like a pyramid! THANKS JOHN... you've come to our rescue again.

ki4hpz

Contacted broderbund about 3D Home Architect ver.3 and got this relply...

Hi,

You will need to contact www.punchsoftware.com as they now own this
product line.

Thank you,
Mike

CREATIVE1

I just found the software with a manual, but the bad news is, the software is getting hard to find.  After Amazon cancelled two orders (I guess the vendors didn't really have it), I went on Ebay.  Only a few left on Ebay too.

desdawg

I find this one readily available on E-bay: 3D HOME ARCHITECT 5.0 Is this just a more recent version or is there something wrong with this product?
I have done so much with so little for so long that today I can do almost anything with absolutely nothing.

Amanda_931

IIRC

Version 3 is from what is now Punch.

Version 5 is from somebody else--maybe Broderbund in-house.

Not an update.  Not much at all in the way of similarity.

glenn kangiser

Version 5 and  6 are not backward compatible with version 3 if I remember right.  I don't know if there is a 4.  John mentioned that versions after 3 didn't work as well for some things as 3 did.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

CREATIVE1

I already have 5.0, and it doesn't work with the downloads from this site.

CREATIVE1

Oh, oh.  Version 3 isn't loading on Windows XP.  Comes up, says install, doesn't go anywhere.  Ideas?

ki4hpz

I have ver 3 on two windows xp machines. Have you updated window xp? I think it need SP2.

jraabe

3DHA Version 3 has installed on both my XP-Pro machines just fine. You might try turning off the firewall and virus check (Norton??? - infamous) just while the install is working.

Version 4, 5 and later are not compatible with version three which is similar to an early version of Chief Architect and can do reasonable cross sections and elevations. I was not able to get later versions to do that (to scale). It is a totally different code base. 3DHA v. 3 files can be imported pretty cleanly into CA if you have a designer who will help on things 3DHA can't do.

The program is far from perfect... but that's true of them all!

CREATIVE1

Still isn't loading!  I can access parts of it by clicking on the files, but this really doesn't help.  Will try to load it on another computer.  I have XP Professional on this one?

jraabe

Sorry you are having problems. The program was originally written for Windows 98. You might try running the install program in that more limited mode. The true windows geeks on this site could probably help you more with that.

Be sure to clean out the old install directory and files before starting a new one. You may need to do this manually. This program may not be able to fully clean up a failed install on an XP drive with such things as the newer FAT file system.

CREATIVE1

Computer geek coming over to help on Saturday.